Shawnmoore81

Deciding on a striker 9

I live when people say this or that gun doesn't haven't the aftermarket support of Glock. You know why? Because those other pistols don't require dropping twice the price of the gun on upgrades in order to fix "perfection".

Seriously, I didn't have to drop a dime on VP9 LE. There's nothing that needs fixing from the factory. My G19 on the other hand...let's just say it cost more than my HK in the end. And I didn't got for any of that stupid pretty (tacky) shit some of you love so much.

• Like 1

Move on bud,

Moo! Don't like it, block me! Because I'm not half annoying as you cartoon characters!

Keep coddling. Maybe you'll get it some day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I live when people say this or that gun doesn't haven't the aftermarket support of Glock. You know why? Because those other pistols don't require dropping twice the price of the gun on upgrades in order to fix "perfection".

Seriously, I didn't have to drop a dime on VP9 LE. There's nothing that needs fixing from the factory. My G19 on the other hand...let's just say it cost more than my HK in the end. And I didn't got for any of that stupid pretty (tacky) shit some of you love so much.

There's more to the aftermarket consideration than just what you might want to "fix" in a gun.

Just take holsters for example. You can very easily get a holster for every size and iteration of glocks from most big and small holster manufacturers. There are even ready to ship holsters available that will accommodate glocks with dumb aftermarket accessories. You might also have 10 different buddies who will let you physically test out their glock holsters so you aren't just relying on others' opinions of holsters.

This is just one of many factors I consider when buying new guns. You don't have to consider all of the same factors.

As soon as a post turns into the peanut gallery I walk. Tired of arguing

Tired of arguing? Or we are not giving you enough coddling or attention? You are a grown man. You know your guns. Grow up and act like one and stop asking people what color socks you should wear.

We've had this conversation before. You ask a question, watch while dozens of people advise you then drop the bomb and say you've made up your mind to not listen to any advice or go a different direction. So stop acting like a dunce and buy what you want. Stop wasting people's time.

• Like 1

There's more to the aftermarket consideration than just what you might want to "fix" in a gun.

Just take holsters for example. You can very easily get a holster for every size and iteration of glocks from most big and small holster manufacturers. There are even ready to ship holsters available that will accommodate glocks with dumb aftermarket accessories. You might also have 10 different buddies who will let you physically test out their glock holsters so you aren't just relying on others' opinions of holsters.

This is just one of many factors I consider when buying new guns. You don't have to consider all of the same factors.

Certainly a valid point. But there is no shortage of holster options for the VP9 these days. Just about everyone makes one now. I'm sure there aren't as many as there for a G19, but there's still more than enough to find one that suits anyone.

Certainly a valid point. But there is no shortage of holster options for the VP9 these days. Just about everyone makes one now. I'm sure there aren't as many as there for a G19, but there's still more than enough to find one that suits anyone.

That would make sense as the 19 has been around for almost 30 years and the VP9 for about 3.

Springfield XDm. Comes with a match barrel, and an excellent trigger. The only upgrade I recommend is changing out the striker roll pin with this one: https://www.pistolgear.com/proddetail.php?prod=00PG060

It's a $2 part, but probably one of the most likely to fail over time. If the broken part falls out, the gun will not fire. Probably the only reason I hesitate to use it as a home defense handgun.

• Like 1

Springfield XDm. Comes with a match barrel, and an excellent trigger. The only upgrade I recommend is changing out the striker roll pin with this one: https://www.pistolgear.com/proddetail.php?prod=00PG060

It's a $2 part, but probably one of the most likely to fail over time. If the broken part falls out, the gun will not fire. Probably the only reason I hesitate to use it as a home defense handgun.

Interesting Chris, I had no idea this was an issue. And I'm a big fan of the XDm line as well. Well, in 45acp.

It's pointless to keep giving opinions....OP isn't even participating in the thread any longer, he is an FFL and ordered all 3 guns anyway.....so dont waste your breath fellas

you guys just got played by this guy...

med_gallery_5596_85_73087.jpg

• Like 1