WLG

Where can I shoot? HELP!

Hi NJGF, 

I am new in this forum but not to shooting. I have tried to search for a place where I can run drills.. rather than just bench shooting (don't get me wrong it's fun) but bench shooting repetitively only teaches you trigger control and focusing on sights.. I was wondering if there was anywhere in NJ that I can practice shooting drills freely and I want to be able to do more than just sit behind a bench. 

OBRPC but you can't do it when there is an event -- there are events most saturdays and sundays during the summer -- you don't get and open range till 4 pm most weekends

OBRPC would be great if you can shoot during the week...

... and likely for OBRPC ... although I just read through the range rules and don't see that explicitly stated anywhere. Best to check directly with them.

Pretty sure you can shoot rifle in the pits at OBRPC - I know I've done it during competitions.

aren't CJRPC pits for handgun calibers only?

CJRPC will let you shoot rimfire rifles or any rifle that uses handgun ammo in the pits.

Any handgun with a caliber not exceeding .45 or .50 (requires a special use badge), .22 rimfire rifles, pistol caliber carbines not exceeding .45ACP, black powder firearms and shotguns with any projectile are permitted. NO CENTERFIRE RIFLES PERMITTED except for organized and supervised matches and persons with special use badges (see section titled Special Use Badge ) approved by the BOD but which are limited to pistol caliber with lead bullets and not exceeding 1000 ft/sec