I am pleased to announce that Garden State Shooting Center http://www.gardenstateshootingcenter.com/ is now a dealer for Cadex Defence! https://www.cadexdefence.com/ They are known for their Chassis systems and other military gear offerings. What many might not know is that they have released a series of precision rifles. One of their new offerings is the Kraken! What is unique about this rifle is its modular ability to switch from short action calibers to long action calibers. It is my opinion that this system is going to directly compete with the DTA SRS and the AI AXMC series rifles. The manufacturer reports that their unique method of barrel swaps results in no POI shift. Their caliber change method is unique compared to the system that AI and DTA uses. I have some rifles inbound. Demand is already very high so it will take a bit for them to be in the shop. If this is a rifle you are interested in or want to place an order, please get in touch with me. 

Here are some pics and a video of how to swap calibers on the Kraken.

kraken-products.jpg

Her is a pic of their Cadex Lite based rifles.

lite-products.jpg

Man, Ive been looking at these Shane. I'm torn between the AX 308 and the Kraken. I know the limitations of the caliber changes of the AI. Other then that, what are the advantages of the Cadex over the AX? 

Alex, yes we can get you a chassis :)  Current lead time looks to be 5 weeks. Got one coming in this week for a customer that ordered 5 weeks ago. Cadex was spot on with their lead time estimate.

Bullzeye, as you know I love AI. I have had 5 AI rifles over the years. Now some of the advantages could be purely subjective. But what I have noticed over the years is that people either love the way an AI feels or hate it. Actually Im the only one I know that was in between where I didn't love it but didn't hate it. So those I have talked to with Chassis or complete rifle commented on how good the feel was.

Now, the engineering of the barrel change system is what attracted me to the rifle to begin with. Cadex reports, as well as a few AI AXMC owners I know, is a shift in POI after a barrel change. Now if that barrel is a 338LM that could get expensive over time to re-zero. The Cadex system is supposedly no shift. Aside from that, I like that its not a pinch hold on the barrel like the AI and the DTA. Its really a torqued barrel like a normal rifle, just a cool as shit, out of the box way of going about it. Cadex keeps all the info about your rifle on file and can kick you out a prefit barrel at any time. This is true of even the non Kraken rifles.

• Like 1

Watcha looking for? Chassis or rifle? Rifles can go anywhere from 4400 MSRP to up around 11k MSRP for a well optioned Kraken with multiple caliber kits. I went for a full scoot Kraken with 6.5 Creedmoor and 300Norma Magnum :D

We do have a CDX30 Guardian in 6.5cm coming in for inventory. Should be about 2 months out.

• Like 1

The Guardian is in the house! Here are some pics for those interested. Rifle locks up like a bank vault. It just wreaks of precision manufacturing. If anyone would like to discuss how to make this rifle theirs, please reach out to me. If you would like to see it, it is on display at the store. The Atlas Bipod is not included with the rifle (Its my personal Bipod) but it could be added to the sale if someone had to have it. Not pictured but included is a very nice Drag Bag from Cadex. A Cadex rifle owner just recently posted up whacking some smallish steel targets at 1100 yards with his own Guardian in 6.5CM :D.

20170519_172031.jpg

20170519_171749.jpg

20170519_171724.jpg

20170519_171625.jpg

20170519_171702.jpg

• Like 2

On 5/22/2017 at 11:37 AM, Shane45 said:

The Guardian is in the house! Here are some pics for those interested. Rifle locks up like a bank vault. It just wreaks of precision manufacturing. If anyone would like to discuss how to make this rifle theirs, please reach out to me. If you would like to see it, it is on display at the store. The Atlas Bipod is not included with the rifle (Its my personal Bipod) but it could be added to the sale if someone had to have it. Not pictured but included is a very nice Drag Bag from Cadex. A Cadex rifle owner just recently posted up whacking some smallish steel targets at 1100 yards with his own Guardian in 6.5CM :D.

20170519_171702.jpg

WOW....is all I can say about this rifle. You need to stop by GSSC and check this thing out...very tempting!