medved11

KRISS Vector Carbine - Heck, Yeah! or Heck, No!?

I'm looking for some honest opinions on the KRISS Vector Gen 2 in .45 ACP. 

I took a look at both the Hi-Point carbine and the KRISS today while picking up some ammo and the Hi-Point just didn't "move the needle" for me but the KRISS definitelyh interested me (despite the slightly goofy looking barrel shroud).

Based on some quick YouTube research when I got home, it looks like the KRISS can be a bit picky about ammo but it seems like it gets good reviews overall (most of the "negative" reviews that I saw seemed to be about the earlier generations of the gun).

Anyhow, I'd appreciate any advice that any current KRISS owners can provide.

I absolutely love my gen1 .45 Kriss and have run everything included reman without so much as a hiccup

Comparing to a hi point is not even fair....lol

Yeah, I kind of figured that the comparison was a little "apples to oranges" but there doesn't seem to be many options for a 45 ACP carbine. 

How do you like the handling of the KRISS? 

I shouldered the one from the rack (which had the Magpul buttstock) and, all things considered, it actually felt pretty comfortable and balanced. I didn't want to muzzle anyone in the crowded store so I couldn't really tell how it feels when you move the gun around

I had a .45 vector gen 1, and I loved it, absolutely no muzzle rise. I eventually sold it however to free up funds for something else. Now I do regret selling it. But you can't compare it to a hi-point, it is in a completely different class, both in function and price.

SBR, Full auto yes.

16" version....

NO

Pretty much. I'm not really a fan of semi pistol caliber carbines. I've never tried this one full auto.

A buddy of mine has one SBR'd and suppressed. It's fun but I wouldn't buy it. If I could get one in auto I probably would, but I can't.

Just personal preference, I've never seen any problems with it. But since he always uses a can, that sometimes makes guns function more reliably (even though they might get dirty faster).

The Gen II vector CRB is a better gun than the Gen I but 

either is way better that a Hi Point - lol

We have sold about 10 - 12 of the new Gen II (mostly 9mm's)

and we have not had one customer complain or any warranty

issues since the Gen-II came out

I say if you can afford it and want it then GET IT! If it will make you smile, get it. We , at least most of us, are not "operators" , but guns like this make you look forward to going to the range.

The platform loses its purpose when it's not full auto, but buy it for the same reason I bought the GSG mp5 22 cal clone instead of an ordinary 10/22.(it's just cool to have).

• Like 1

I shot Kriss SMG full auto in Vegas and have fallen in love with it. However when I bought Kriss CRB I felt like like that I bang fat ugly chick instead of the model I was suppose to get. The long goofy barrel kills the purpose of the firearm same way as 18" barrel Tavor. Eventually I sold both. I had some problems with independence ammo for Kriss. It would cram the bullets further into the cases once in awhile.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have shot the Vector SBR in full auto & considering you cannot have any SBR or full auto in NJ that argument is moot....that is like saying dont purchase a PS90 for the same reason. It is a phenomenal gun with next to no muzzle rise or recoil....

Is there anything on your KRISS that you wish that you could change (other than the 16" barrel)?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Kriss trigger......it is not a precision trigger by any means but it is a more than decent and totally smokes the turd of a trigger in the CX4

Do you have a red dot or other optic on yours?

My eyes are so great anymore, so I tend to put red dots on everything lately. The cheekweld with the irons were perfect for me in the store and I'm guessing that a RD would work in a low mount

I like the round one better myself .....you could buy one & sell new one....annoying but can work

I was thinking the same but I read something earlier that stated that the barrel dimensions have changed between generations, so I may be out of luck unless someone is making aftermarket shrouds. The blocky shroud wouldn't be deal killer for me but I really do like the earlier type much more