Sign in to follow this  
Bt Doctur

Why open or concealed will be impossable

I mean...if he had played his cards right, it wouldn't be so bad.  I feel like he could have justified firing when they were backing him up.  His mistake was continuing to fire after they started driving in reverse.

ETA:  That was his mistake AFTER confronting them in the first place.  Be a smart observer.  Take down the license plate number, and even a couple pictures.

I was carrying today in both PA and DE. No way in hell I would pull out my gun for a property crime like shoplifting!

People like him just serve to build the case against civilians and CCW. He acted like an idiot in my opinion!

Should have been arrested.  He was not shooting in self defense while they were driving away. Once he started shooting, the shoplifting driver would have been justified in running the ccw holder over in self defense - in my not so humble opinion.

• Like 1

Carry is settled business. Even the handful of states that passed gun control in the past 5 years did not touch carry.

We are not defined by the worst person among us, nor some dumbass or criminal that have nothing to do with us. That is the perspective of a guilty mind. We are guilty of nothing. Stop cowering or start being assumed to have guilt.

I know we still have problems in a few states but they are behind the times, not signs of things to come.

• Like 2

"As of this post, the suspects involved have not been identified or apprehended."

Maybe had James Newman taken photos of the thieves, car and license plate the criminals would have been apprehended quickly. Instead he took out his gun and fired several shots which did nothing to stop the theft, but did almost get him run over.  :facepalm: How very effective. /sarcasm

ETA: I wonder if he still would have felt the altercation was worth it if the driver decided to back into him at high speed and run a tire or two over his head? Would his final thought have been, "It was worth saving those jackets!" I doubt it.

Edited by Cereza