Sign in to follow this  
Zeke

Umm, snow on Friday?

Yeah this seems to be similar to "hand loading" ammunition. You're doing it for the love, and not to be cost efficient.

Yeah, it's for gifts and to use.   I'd be better off financially to just buy it from someone else.

That said, the real treat is when we make candy from it.  Hoo boy, I love that.  

Yeah this seems to be similar to "hand loading" ammunition. You're doing it for the love, and not to be cost efficient.

That may be the case for making syrup on a small scale, but I save a ton of money by reloading handgun and rifle ammo.   The savings paid off the investment in reloading equipment many, many years ago, and for anything I can load on a progressive press, it's not a bad return on my time, either.   And I've done all of the load tweaking, so it's more accurate, too.

Target shotgun loads are the only thing I don't bother to reload anymore.  The cost savings are too small relative to all of the cheap trap and skeet loads on the market.

I'm still calling for 2 feet.

There's a 25% chance of 20-24" by your FD. NOAA has Randolph at 11-17". NOAA has Montvale getting 12-20" and a Blizzard watch. My brother will have a lot of shoveling to do.