The_Matrix

M1 Carbine possibility??? Inland T30 Carbine

I've had both an M-1 Carbine (pre-ban) and a Smith and Wesson AR.  

FAR, FAR and away the better firearm is the AR.  

Not even close....You're not missing much.

It is an "M1 Carbine" type. A no go in NJ.

Sent from an undisclosed location

It's not an M1 Carbine and passes the substantially identical test. It's a T-30 Carbine. Same logic as applied to AR style sporting rifles, i.e. Sig M400 isn't an AR-15.

It's not an M1 Carbine and passes the substantially identical test. It's a T-30 Carbine. Same logic as applied to AR style sporting rifles, i.e. Sig M400 isn't an AR-15.

(609) 882-2000 ext 2060

• Like 1

I've had both an M-1 Carbine (pre-ban) and a Smith and Wesson AR.  

FAR, FAR and away the better firearm is the AR.  

Not even close....You're not missing much.

Oh, without a doubt an AR is much more practical. But there are nerds like me who love milsurps.

I would love a M1 Carbine because that's what poppop carried in the Pacific in WWII. He actually had one years ago, but gave it to my mom's cousin, who I think killed himself with it, so i doubt it's still in the family.

But a Carbine is going to be the first gun I buy when I move out of state. Not this one though, looks too goofy.

Not arguing with you, but doesn't the list say "Aftomat Kalashnikov Type" as well and there are AK patern rifles all over NJ gun shops.

Exactly my point. Illegal

Not arguing with you, but doesn't the list say "Aftomat Kalashnikov Type" as well and there are AK patern rifles all over NJ gun shops.

You're late to this discussion. The reason PK90 was referencing the NJSP FIU phone number is that back about 6 or 7 years ago someone asked the FIU if the "M1 Carbine" clones are legal if they don't say "M1 Carbine" on them. The answer the FIU gave was "yes", presumably based on the same standards that are used for "Avtomat Kalashnikov type". Well, Christie's AG at the time, Paula Dow, caught wind of this and 8 days or so later unilaterally declared all versions of the M1 Carbine illegal. 

So, unless you plan to sue the state for this inconsistent interpretation of the same law (and hopefully win), you're not going to be buying an M1 Carbine clone in NJ.

• Like 2

You're late to this discussion. The reason PK90 was referencing the NJSP FIU phone number is that back about 6 or 7 years ago someone asked the FIU if the "M1 Carbine" clones are legal if they don't say "M1 Carbine" on them. The answer the FIU gave was "yes", presumably based on the same standards that are used for "Avtomat Kalashnikov type". Well, Christie's AG at the time, Paula Dow, caught wind of this and 8 days or so later unilaterally declared all versions of the M1 Carbine illegal.

So, unless you plan to sue the state for this inconsistent interpretation of the same law (and hopefully win), you're not going to be buying an M1 Carbine clone in NJ.

Didn't know the background story. Thank you.

I get it, but then a bunch of people in NJ and a bunch of gun store owners are about to go to prison?

It has a different receiver with a permanently welded scope mount. The M1 clones in question say US Carbine 30 Cal M1 on the receiver. This one does not. The only case I could find for prosecution of an assault weapon M1 involved reading out loud the markings on the receiver during court proceedings. It's not an M1 type, and no I'm not call the NJSP. Might try Nappen though. 

On 3/5/2017 at 0:12 PM, Oakridgefirearms said:

Ah I remember that. Phil at Brick Armory actually got that and by the time they came to shelf were again illegal. 

I sold three before the AG stepped in. One was returned. The other two still reside under the buyer's bed I presume. The Auto Ordnance rifles were marked >

"US CARBINE" "CAL 30ML"

So markings won't matter. It is still an M1 Carbine Type.