Ray Ray

Glocks, becoming like Colt?

Since 1911's have been brought into the Glock discussion, and to aid any owner of a fine 1911 in understanding the difference...

You can replicate the feel of a Glock trigger by coating all moving parts in the 1911 trigger group with marshmallow fluff and beach sand.

You guys are arguing with Ray Ray why exactly?

He clearly has not shot most of the guns he lists, or tried to obtain spare parts, or tried to repair them with basic tools, etc etc. He is Ray Ray. He is the sort of person H&Ks marketing is aimed at.

Here is the bottom line:

There are many options, and shoot as many as you can BEFORE you decide.

And I have shot, or owned many of the guns I mentioned.

LOL at RIA being the best 1911 for under $1K, and at guns like the xD and Ruger being in the same class as Glocks. That just made my day.

They go bang, isn't that what Glock is all about? I thought reliability was paramount?

RIA may or may not go bang. The problem is, it's not a brand that has a solid track record. And none of the top 1911 pistolsmiths use them as base guns for their builds.

Colt, Springfield, Wilson Combat, etc have been adopted, or at least considered for adoption by government agencies. Furthermore, their pistols and/or parts are regularly used for custom builds. This is due to a proven standard of quality.

With pistols like that available, why bother with 1911s like RIA?

RIA may or may not go bang. The problem is, it's not a brand that has a solid track record. And none of the top 1911 pistolsmiths use them as base guns for their builds.

Colt, Springfield, Wilson Combat, etc have been adopted, or at least considered for adoption by government agencies. Furthermore, their pistols and/or parts are regularly used for custom builds. This is due to a proven standard of quality.

With pistols like that available, why bother with 1911s like RIA?

You said under a grand.

No experience with RIA, but I have seen many XDs shit the bed. Enough that I won't allow them as an Off Duty option.

I like my XDm's, so I'm not gonna bad mouth them. Springfield Armory sells a ton of the XD, XDm and XD mod2 guns but I'm sure there are lemons running around.

OMG Im getting sucked into this absurdity

I like my XDm's, so I'm not gonna bad mouth them. Springfield Armory sells a ton of the XD, XDm and XD mod2 guns but I'm sure there are lemons running around.

Hi-point sells a ton of C9 and a other junk, what is your point? XD's aren't hipoints, but what the hell does quantity of sold stuff have to do with quality?

• Like 1

OMG Im getting sucked into this absurdity

Hi-point sells a ton of C9 and a other junk, what is your point? XD's aren't hipoints, but what the hell does quantity of sold stuff have to do with quality?

Hi-Points don't count. Springfield Armory guns are sold at the same price point as Glocks, and they sell. If they sucked, then nobody would buy them. UNLESS, like the Hi-Point guns, they are priced at 200 bucks. Then nobody would care, because you get what you pay for!

Colt 1911 series 70 repro and Springfield Armory mil-spec or Range Officer are the top choices for under $1K. Also, I didn't mention the $1K budget first...you did.

Okay, fine.

Why would you buy from a company that has thrown away its civilian marketplace to eat at the Government table? Colt abandoned the American market, and I will not give them my hard earned money. Let them die

Okay, fine.

Why would you buy from a company that has thrown away its civilian marketplace to eat at the Government table? Colt abandoned the American market, and I will not give them my hard earned money. Let them die

Uhh, Colt has several 1911 models to choose from, as well as AR's. all available to civilians. Sorry, but yet again, you are incorrect.

Also, maybe you judge quality by civilian market sales but some others go by the professional market. Why is it that very few government agencies or professional shooters/trainers shoot the xD?

Taurus has sold their share of guns. Doesn't mean they are quality.

You gotta be kidding. 

And I thought I had extreme prejudices bordering on delusional unschooled lunacy regarding the main choice of law enforcement, millions of concealed carriers and competitive shooters. 

I, of "CARRYING IN CONDITION ZERO YOU'RE GONNA SHOOT YOUR BABY AND BESIDES IT'S PLASTIC-UGLY!!" notoriety bordering on anti-2A commie confiscation, am glocked, I mean glock-shocked.

There's no Santa, Steely Dan lyrics are nonsensical, and Glocks will continue to be the most popular handgun AFAIK. Get used to it. 

Uhh, Colt has several 1911 models to choose from, as well as AR's. all available to civilians. Sorry, but yet again, you are incorrect.

Also, maybe you judge quality by civilian market sales but some others go by the professional market. Why is it that very few government agencies or professional shooters/trainers shoot the xD?

Taurus has sold their share of guns. Doesn't mean they are quality.

Then why is Colt laying off people? And what has Colt released recently, or in the past 20 years, that is relevant? NOTHING

And those same agencies concluded years ago that revolvers where better and plastic, safety-less guns had no place in the holsters of officers across the US. You are acting like those same "officials in the know" from 30 years ago. It's time to move on, there ARE other options other than GLOCK PERFECTION.

This is fun

Then why is Colt laying off people? And what has Colt released recently, or in the past 20 years, that is relevant? NOTHING

And those same agencies concluded years ago that revolvers where better and plastic, safety-less guns had no place in the holsters of officers across the US. You are acting like those same "officials in the know" from 30 years ago. It's time to move on, there ARE other options other than GLOCK PERFECTION.

This is fun

Glock Perfection is a marketing slogan, as are many of their absurd claims about having x-number of "safeties," which Glockenburgers repeat like zombies. Funny how none of those "safeties" prevent the gun from firing under circumstances that are basically the only cause of NDs, namely the trigger moving backward. "You can drop it 100 times and it won't fire" is supposed to be some special characteristic for a gun made after 1950 or so. 

To join the club you have to repeat "your trigger finger is your safety" 1000 times. Glocks are so perfect that said Glockenburgers can't wait to change the sights and fix the trigger, to the point where the air currents generated by a strong fart will cause the gun to fire. Because when you're on patrol in Mogadishu every microsecond counts.

Regardless they are the most popular handgun. I will never understand why but that's the way it is. People who are a lot more knowledgeable than either of us love the damned things. Like a parent who loves an ugly child, I suppose.