Sign in to follow this  
45Doll

M&P 45 + PPQ 45 = Marital Bliss

How in the world does that equation work?

Last week during our bi-weekly range session one of the range officers was nice enough to offer my wife a couple suggestions on her stance and grip. She spent the rest of the session working on them. The target at 21' evidenced an improvement.

After the session, back home my wife and I were in the kitchen. She was making dinner; I was seated at the counter with an adult beverage watching TV. Suddenly, out of the blue, she started expounding on why she thinks she shoots .45 pistols better than 9 mm's, why the M&P grip suddenly seemed more conducive to her accuracy than the PPQ (factory grip panel selection still in place), and what the benefits of the range officer's suggestions were. (Full disclosure: she LOVES her PPQ 5" 9 mm and shoots it well.)

Aaaannnnd ...we're off! A full discussion ensued. Very engaging.

What did I do to merit this??? I thought I had reached the pinnacle when she announced 15 years ago she wanted a NASCAR garage!

Sigh. Thank you Dear.

Your next request is granted before it is asked.

• Like 1

Funny thing.

My XD(m) .45 5.25" came in last week, brought it home and handed it to my wife.  She said she actually liked the way it felt in her hands (she has small hands). Was not expecting that.  Go figure.

Funny thing.

My XD(m) .45 5.25" came in last week, brought it home and handed it to my wife.  She said she actually liked the way it felt in her hands (she has small hands). Was not expecting that.  Go figure.

And that's why she must have more than one!

My wife's hands are large, same size as mine really. That's one reason she liked Glocks right away; felt like she really had a hold of something. Over time she shot many other pistols, developed some opinions, and now has preferences.

They are secrets of state. 

• Like 1