NJRulz

Christie trying to improve gun carry regs (from the Record)

It's a baby step.

But why? I don't think he gives a crap about us. This signals something about his political aspirations. Unless, maybe all our canvassing of him has made him see the light that carry in 47 states causes no problems. I still think he would not care.

It's time to get to work, contact reps. Including PHONE CALLS and requiring them to get back to you with answers to difficult questions to keep their staff engaged. Only takes 10 minutes a week to keep the dialog going.

It's a baby step.

But why? I don't think he gives a crap about us. This signals something about his political aspirations. Unless, maybe all our canvassing of him has made him see the light that carry in 47 states causes no problems. I still think he would not care.

It's time to get to work, contact reps. Including PHONE CALLS and requiring them to get back to you with answers to difficult questions to keep their staff engaged. Only takes 10 minutes a week to keep the dialog going.

For the first time it opens the door to subjective interpretation of what constitutes a threat. On that basis you may see a few conservative judges, if any exist in this state, recognizing frequent travel to Paterson, Irvington, etc., or even encountering bears on a regular basis as sufficient need. That's not a baby step, that's California style permitting. Not even close to upstate NY but from the bottom of this sewer that looks pretty good. 

I predicted a year ago that his political future was dim and now it's close to nonexistent. Where is he going? Trump doesn't want him. He was already a federal prosecutor. I don't see a pro-gun position helping him get an academic position either, except maybe at Newton H.S.

I don't want to jinx or dissuade anyone from trying to influence their assemblycritter but realistically we're never getting CC legislatively. At this point, with Christie leaving and Donald self-imploding, with the state's ever-worsening demographics, it's not even on the very long list of long shots. If it comes it will be from above somewhere.

Cristie is doing this to pad his resume so he can negotiate a partnership at the law firm of Evan Nappen. Its obvious. This way he can help carry on the fight for his new found love of the 2A.

People change. Some politicians can actually be sincere about some things some of the time. He probably noticed that none of the other 16 wannabes in the Republican field, all from shall-issue states and one allegedly a CCW license holder from NY, had bullet holes in their clothing. Seriously, guns did not come up much during the primary debates but maybe it was discussed backstage or at various other Republican pow-wows. If it did I'm sure Christie felt kind of foolish.

He is in the unique position of being able to actually try and do what he wants since he's no longer angling for the next political gig.

I wonder what can be done to motivate those with moderate 2A views to vote favorably these issues? 20 min free range time with an "I voted" sticker? I think many moderates would be surprised that California is lax in comparison.

From Courier Post

Christie bypasses lawmakers to loosen gun rules

Am I reading this right that wineberg thinks the Constitution allows her to block the Second Amendment? Has she ever heard of the Bill of Rights? What a scum bag.

Also, what's with this Scott bach dude and why is he all over Christie's dick? Does he really think this is going to give every law abiding citizen a permit? 

From Courier Post

Am I reading this right that wineberg thinks the Constitution allows her to block the Second Amendment? Has she ever heard of the Bill of Rights? What a scum bag.

Also, what's with this Scott bach dude and why is he all over Christie's dick? Does he really think this is going to give every law abiding citizen a permit? 

Funny.. Just read the article and Scott Bach really makes it seem like Christie actually did something haha. You'd think the guy just pushed through constitutional carry or something, LOL.

Funny.. Just read the article and Scott Bach really makes it seem like Christie actually did something haha. You'd think the guy just pushed through constitutional carry or something, LOL.

Wait for the dust to settle, then we're putting in for permits. When they deny our renewals we can get ANJRPC to fund our lawsuit. :rofl:

Edit: It won't matter if we get a democratic governor next January.

From Courier Post

Unfortunately you read it correctly, Weinberg feels that she knows better and that the second amendment is nothing but a loose guideline that they can override when ever they feel like it.  Time to start making some calls to her office as well!

Unfortunately you read it correctly, Weinberg feels that she knows better and that the second amendment is nothing but a loose guideline that they can override when ever they feel like it.  Time to start making some calls to her office as well!

She was referring to the NJ State Constitution; in other words, that the NJ constitution allows the legislature to block an executive action, which they did and Christie ignored.  I have no doubt that she has no respect for the Second Amendment in the Federal Constitution either, but I don't think that is what she was saying.

From Courier Post

What do you mean about Bach? Seems like he's doing and saying what he's supposed to do and say. Remember it was his lawsuit that got us one of the most prolific threads on this forum, "Meanwhile in New Hampshire." Also remember what NRA's snub of Christie last year got us, predictably: JACK SHIT.

As for LW I don't want to get banned but why do you think the woman wears a necklace made of giant garlic cloves? I read somewhere that if she takes it off she'll be taken back to the land of the undead by the Passover Zombie.

Read that this morning.

The problem in nj is not the politicians. It's the we the people that vote them in. Unless there is massive voter fraud.

Look around, everybody that bails to free America is at least 1 vote, if not 2

The problem is Essex, Hudson, Union, Passaic, Camden, and Mercer counties. Plus parts of Bergen, Morris( i'm talking to you Randolph) and Middlesex. That's almost 50% of the counties and 75% of the population. This state is screwed no matter how much we try to change the narrative. 

If you think that article is bad, try to make it through this opinion piece by Mike Kelly without screaming what an idiot he is:

http://www.northjersey.com/story/news/columnists/mike-kelly/2017/03/09/kelly-chris-christies-obsession-guns/98930908/

If you think that article is bad, try to make it through this opinion piece by Mike Kelly without screaming what an idiot he is:

http://www.northjersey.com/story/news/columnists/mike-kelly/2017/03/09/kelly-chris-christies-obsession-guns/98930908/

No! I will not read anything from Kelly, he is one of the reasons we dropped The Record yrs ago.

The Record using that "densely populated" excuse again:

"The most densely populated state in the nation is not going to be safer if more people are packing heat."

http://www.northjersey.com/story/opinion/editorials/2017/03/09/editorial-christie-loosens-gun-regulations/98968734/

It's a non-event, like removing a teaspoon of water from an ocean. Christie is trying to fix his image with a move that does virtually nothing for us. Those who are stupid enough to support this BS are part of the problem. Stop thanking him for the crumbs and demand better.

• Like 1

The problem is Essex, Hudson, Union, Passaic, Camden, and Mercer counties. Plus parts of Bergen, Morris( i'm talking to you Randolph) and Middlesex. That's almost 50% of the counties and 75% of the population. This state is screwed no matter how much we try to change the narrative.

LOL, the problem with a democracy is that 75% don't agree with you? You might want to rethink your entire post, the only way it makes any sense is if you make some pretty wild assumptions with little basis in reality.

Christy started this when he was A primary candidate.  Now he is worse than A lame duck, just biding time till they take his key to mansion.    Now he has another opportunity to go to Washington, There are 46 positons opening in the DOJ and he knows he can surely fill 3 of them.  He knows the Dems will find A way before April 3 to stop this.    Just smoke.  But hey miracles may still happen.

LOL, the problem with a democracy is that 75% don't agree with you? You might want to rethink your entire post, the only way it makes any sense is if you make some pretty wild assumptions with little basis in reality.

I think you misunderstood my point. My point is that those counties will never ever elect a pro 2nd amendment candidate. That is the reality of the situation.

I think you misunderstood my point. My point is that those counties will never ever elect a pro 2nd amendment candidate. That is the reality of the situation.

Why do you think that is? Until the Great Depression African Americans voted predominantly republican.( at least what I've found in my research)

I have not looked into Latin American voting.

Or Asian American voting trends