Sign in to follow this  
Family1st

Gold American Eagles 1/10th Oz $115 pc

Gold American Eagles 1/10th Oz $115 a piece.

www.nationwidecoins.com/  1-877-817-1220

Key Code: IM-1208

At this price, currently lower than spot. I believe they charge $40 S&H, Order at least 10 to get the best deal.   

Shipping may take a while, but IMO worth the savings.  

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• olight.jpg

Use Promo Code "NJGF10" for 10% Off Regular Items

• Supporting Vendors

• Latest Topics

• Similar Content

• By MadeInAmerica
      Backwoods Home magazine accepts 4 pre-1965 quarters for a 1 year subscription, value $24.95. I was wondering if anyone knows of a store (mebbe in Utah, they have that whole Constitutional currency thing out there) that would sell me a Marlin .44 based on this formula. I'm short on cash now but I do have lot of "junk silver"
    • By bhunted
      I recall some folks asking about electro-plating and I decided to do some on my Colt Mark IV Series 70 Nickel 45acp as an experiment. Now I didn't want to go crazy, just accent some parts to see if it came out nice. Parts that are readily available in case I fubared them. So I bought a Casswell Gold Plating Kit and off I go.
      One other note.. This gun use to be my service weapon, circa 1982... so the finish is not perfect but not bad.

First, I started with the easiest parts to remove and the ones that would add a little touch. I won't go into prep too much but the parts need to be clean and buffed as best as possible. Note that this will not refinish your gun by filling in scratches and such. By all means, also wear rubber gloves unless you want your hands to look like they have yellow jaundice.

These are the parts I decided to work with... The grip screws, bushing, mag(bottom of floor plate only), slide release...
      All these parts on this gun are nickel plated, polished and or satin finished.

Here is the setup...

They recommend a very good cleaning and polishing. So a Dremel with a polish wheel works fine.

For more prep info see their site. They also have videos. You have to soak the wand in the gold solution. Here I have it soaking in the main jar.
      DO NOT do this after the first time. Use another container or dish because you can contaminate the main solution.

Here is the wand attached to the power transformer and 2 screws after I coated them. You can see a little gold in the picture but it's better than this shot in life.
      The more you treat the part, the deeper the gold gets. I did not want a dark deep color so maintained a 10K-14K look for lack of a better word.

Here are the screws back in with the grip assembled.. The emblem was already gold.

Here is a better shot of the screws, slide release and you can also see I dabbed the mag release button with a little. Not a good idea because any liquid drip will adhere to parts you don't want to plate.

Here is a shot of the front of the barrel bushing and recoil spring plug. Only surfaces and visible edges were done.

Another shot but a bit blurry, but you get the idea.

So there ya have it. I have to say that the finished product once assembled and wiped down look great. These pictures do not do it justice.
      In the future, when I get in the mood to rip the gun apart more, I might try a few more parts like the hammer and such.
      With this kit, parts can either be plated using the wand method or if you are doing a whole part, you can dip it in the whole solution. See Caswell site for details.
      Hope this helps someone. Any questions, feel free to ask.