jackandjill

Electronic ID cards are now accepted in New Jersey

i got a text saying the same. i'll still just hand em my paper card. i ain't handing my phone to anyone. if it comes down to "they can force me to do that" then i'll switch back to a flip phone.

Interesting, I think I will carry an old phone with me so I can had that over if anyone ever asks for "MY" phone :)

Freedom Pop phone might be a good choice. they go on sale for cheap peroidocally. plus you can have some free mobile phone time as well. combine that with some apps and you could also do a cheap poor man's car tracker.

They'll never stop issuing paper ID cards.

If you install anything from your insurance company on your phone, be prepared to have any and all data they collect to be used against you in a claim. Like you were 3 mph over the limit.....

• Like 1

They'll never stop issuing paper ID cards.

If you install anything from your insurance company on your phone, be prepared to have any and all data they collect to be used against you in a claim. Like you were 3 mph over the limit.....

I recently put my new car on insurance and State Farm sent me a Bluetooth tracker thing that would get me a discount if I use it..... yeah not happening. They would most likely charge me more

this signature exceeds the 15 character capacity count

I recently put my new car on insurance and State Farm sent me a Bluetooth tracker thing that would get me a discount if I use it..... yeah not happening. They would most likely charge me more

Those things are ridiculous.. They are entirely for the benefit of the insurance company.

Yeah, they are slick offering a discount but are really trying to see if you speed etc.

No thanks

I was curious and looked up how these OBDII insurance snapshot devices work.  It is claimed that they don't track speed, but hard accelerations and decelerations. Apparently any deceleration of 7mph/sec is considered unsafe.  Not sure there's anywhere in NJ you can go without some jackass cutting you off on at least a daily basis...  It also logs time of day, and nighttime is another unsafe time.  My rates would skyrocket beyond the already way too high rates I pay...

https://blog.joemanna.com/progressive-snapshot-review/

I saved one percent. Yes, $5.46. That was how much my privacy was worth. Following my six-month period, I earned a 12 percent discount, or about $96. For you mathematicians, you might have noticed that my percentage discount is not based on the same principal amount. This signaled to me that I should dig deeper.

Did I really “save” $96? I read my Declarations pages to see the accounting.

My rates increased. I don’t know if this is due to the data Progressive Snapshot has collected, but they quietly increased my base premiums while deducting my good driving behavior from the Snapshot. I know there can be multiple factors for premium increases, but the correlation discomforts me. As my vehicle depreciates, I can only presume that premiums decrease accordingly. Not so, indicates Progressive. See for yourself …

I hope these things are never mandatory.  I'd have to go find a 95 or older car just as a fuck you if that were the case.

I was curious and looked up how these OBDII insurance snapshot devices work.  It is claimed that they don't track speed, but hard accelerations and decelerations. Apparently any deceleration of 7mph/sec is considered unsafe.  Not sure there's anywhere in NJ you can go without some jackass cutting you off on at least a daily basis...  It also logs time of day, and nighttime is another unsafe time.  My rates would skyrocket beyond the already way too high rates I pay...

https://blog.joemanna.com/progressive-snapshot-review/

I hope these things are never mandatory.  I'd have to go find a 95 or older car just as a fuck you if that were the case.

shit....i'll never put one of these in the stang.....