The NJ legislature continues to chip away at our most basic rights.

S3054, http://www.njleg.state.nj.us/2016/Bills/S3500/3054_I1.HTM, requires ammo purchasers to show a driver's license in addition to state firearm docs when purchasing ammunition.

S3055, http://www.njleg.state.nj.us/2016/Bills/S3500/3055_I1.HTM, calls for establishment of real-time reporting of such purchases to the  Geheimstadtpolizei

S3055 stipulates "The reported information is to include the date of the transaction; the name of the manufacturer, the caliber or gauge, and the quantity of ammunition sold or transferred; the name, address, and date of birth of the purchaser; the identification used to establish the identity of the purchaser; and any other information that the superintendent requires."

Nice.

The purpose of S3055 is allegedly to prevent straw ammo purchases. As you know criminals who acquire firearms in violation of NJ law are experiencing horrendous ammo shortages so they turn to us. 

Main sponsor is Senator Brian P. Stack, an ass-kissing double-dipper (also mayor of the clogged toilet bowl known as Union City).

1. This amounts to ammo registration

2. Look for the "system" to be down more than up

3. These are preludes to internet ammo bans, due around February, 2018. 

4. Taken together, the three laws will have the effect of local shops charging anything they want for ammo. Hell, 50 cents a round for .22lr...the sky is the limit. At worst this is the opening act of what will essentially be a ban on NJ residents acquiring ammunition. 

Christie will veto this legislation of course, a fact that whoever runs on the Democratic side will use: "Your predecessor vetoed numerous laws to keep guns off the street."

That first one is just an additional annoyance.  The second would kill internet sales, as most companies would just stop selling to NJ, rather than having to deal with all that BS, hence creating a de facto ban on internet sales of ammo without even having to pass additional legislation.  

That first one is just an additional annoyance.  The second would kill internet sales, as most companies would just stop selling to NJ, rather than having to deal with all that BS, hence creating a de facto ban on internet sales of ammo without even having to pass additional legislation.

given there are several ammo retailers that do not collect FID info at this time, I suspect they wouldn't "comply" with this law either.

although technically speaking all of the information that law would require is already collected. it just requires a little data mining on the vendor's behalf.

• Like 1

The license check is more of a symbolic kick in the ass than a real hurdle but I resent it nonetheless for its petty, spiteful vindictiveness. The reporting bit is the real travesty. These f_____s operate the most corrupt, dysfunctional, unfriendly state east of California and this is the shit they worry about. 

At this age having 3 healthy parents with most of their marbles precludes moving outright. But having a second (actually primary) residence in a state that does not tax SS and/or retirement income would pretty much pay for itself. Wife is finally on board. 

We need some minority poor people to start complaining that they can't afford all these stipulations. A license to buy ammo!! If they can't afford a license to vote, how can they afford one to buy ammo?

Isn't that what the libs use to keep voter IDs at bay? Complain its really a tax or some such crap. Can't we use this?

http://r.search.yahoo.com/_ylt=AwrBT7glMcxY.QgA2DlXNyoA;_ylu=X3oDMTEydnFmamQyBGNvbG8DYmYxBHBvcwMyBHZ0aWQDQjM2MjVfMQRzZWMDc3I-/RV=2/RE=1489805734/RO=10/RU=http%3a%2f%2fwww.politico.com%2fstory%2f2012%2f08%2fwhy-voter-id-laws-are-like-a-poll-tax-079416/RK=0/RS=XOBWo7NypAaA0zkfEAmc15WTH6c-

Now why cant we have 3054 and 3055 for voter registration too

Because they need the votes thus it's a right in their eyes. Anything gun related is a second class right, if they'll even give it that much credit, thus any hurdle is acceptable cause you know, if it saves just one life or cause the kids.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

We need some minority poor people to start complaining that they can't afford all these stipulations. A license to buy ammo!! If they can't afford a license to vote, how can they afford one to buy ammo?

The minorities, bless 'em, get too much free shit to complain about their masters. It's reached the pathological stage. 

This is something Trump's administrator can shine a bright light on.  It won't change The Dark Witch of Teaneck's votes, but it may put enough pressure on the less radical lawmakers to not be so radical.  And the weak-spined Republicans to stiffen it up.  Plus he can find ways to punish this state severely for infringing on our Constitutional rights.  "Get in line or get NO fed money for anything NJ."

I sent Murphy an email stating that i would never vote for him,  and that I would tell anyone who would listen not to vote for him.  These assholes have nothing better to do than write these assinine laws...I am growing tired of it.

How does this prevent people driving out of state and buying ammo? How does this prevent buying ammo at a range and taking it home? 

It may reach the point where shops will begin to ask for documentation, like the joint in Stroud used to do for guns. This will create a new class of criminals: straw ammo purchasers. It's sick and getting sicker. 

I'm afraid this is just the opening salvo. Newt alluded to the rest of what's coming in 2018.

My timeline to exit is changing.

That website should be illegal--freaking lies:

"

• More than 33,000 people died in gun-related deaths in 2014 alone."

First off, 2/3 of those numbers are suicide and suicide in the USA is lower than "gun banned" countries like France, Iceland and Japan.

Then another 16% are cops/justifiable homicides or "self defense"

Then there's accidental (which is WAY down http://personalliberty.com/gun-sales-way-accidents/), gang violence (most of remaining) which is left with about 4000 per year out of 350,000,000 citizens. This comes out to an average of 1 per 87,500. It wasn't that low in the 1940's or 1950's!

Not to mention anywhere from 250,000 (CDC) up to 2.1 million lives per year SAVED by guns! That's a lot more people that would be dead.

I think he flat out [just] made this up:

---"The evidence is clear: the five states with the lowest rates of gun violence" — Hawaii, Rhode Island, Massachusetts, New York, and Connecticut — all have among the strictest gun safety regulations in the nation. Conversely, the states with the highest rates of gun violence all have weak gun safety regulations.

Umm, you're wrong again-VT, NH, HI, ND and ID have the lowest. Also, the cities have the highest murder rates which every single city is run by a progressive. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_in_the_United_States_by_state

Freaking liars!

• Like 1

That website should be illegal--freaking lies:

"

• More than 33,000 people died in gun-related deaths in 2014 alone."

First off, 2/3 of those numbers are suicide and suicide in the USA is lower than "gun banned" countries like France, Iceland and Japan.

Then another 16% are cops/justifiable homicides or "self defense"

Then there's accidental (which is WAY down http://personalliberty.com/gun-sales-way-accidents/), gang violence (most of remaining) which is left with about 4000 per year out of 350,000,000 citizens. This comes out to an average of 1 per 87,500. It wasn't that low in the 1940's or 1950's!

Not to mention anywhere from 250,000 (CDC) up to 2.1 million lives per year SAVED by guns! That's a lot more people that would be dead.

I think he flat out [just] made this up:

---"The evidence is clear: the five states with the lowest rates of gun violence" — Hawaii, Rhode Island, Massachusetts, New York, and Connecticut — all have among the strictest gun safety regulations in the nation. Conversely, the states with the highest rates of gun violence all have weak gun safety regulations.

Umm, you're wrong again-VT, NH, HI, ND and ID have the lowest. Also, the cities have the highest murder rates which every single city is run by a progressive. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_in_the_United_States_by_state

Freaking liars!

Phil Murphy is quoting data from five-thirty-eight and a 2015 CDC report which "[calculated] the gun death rate by dividing fatalities by the state’s population and multiplying that figure by 100,000. Total gun deaths include homicides, suicides, and accidental shootings." I think it's stupid to group homicides, suicides and accidental shootings together, but that's been standard operating practice for a long time. I consider it dishonest, but technically he's not lying. 

Five-thirty-eight posted data about specific cities through November 2016. Using their math, Newark had a higher murder rate than Chicago. So much for strict gun-control laws keeping the murder rate down…

Re: S3055, which reads, in part:

The superintendent shall establish an electronic database containing the reported information, which shall be available to law enforcement officers on a real-time basis. The superintendent also shall establish security procedures to protect the confidentiality of the information contained in the database, which shall prevent access to the information by any person who is not lawfully entitled to it.  The information contained in the database shall not be considered a public or government record for the purposes of P.L.1963, c.73 (C.47:1A-1 et seq.).

The money for designing, implementing and maintaining this database is going to come from where? 

The money for designing, implementing and maintaining this database is going to come from where? 

Maybe they should just buy the registration database from Canada; it's not doing anything now.

They built one, used it, and chucked it because it didn't solve anything.

Phil Murphy is quoting data from five-thirty-eight and a 2015 CDC report which "[calculated] the gun death rate by dividing fatalities by the state’s population and multiplying that figure by 100,000. Total gun deaths include homicides, suicides, and accidental shootings." I think it's stupid to group homicides, suicides and accidental shootings together, but that's been standard operating practice for a long time. I consider it dishonest, but technically he's not lying. 

Five-thirty-eight posted data about specific cities through November 2016. Using their math, Newark had a higher murder rate than Chicago. So much for strict gun-control laws keeping the murder rate down…

Re: S3055, which reads, in part:

The superintendent shall establish an electronic database containing the reported information, which shall be available to law enforcement officers on a real-time basis. The superintendent also shall establish security procedures to protect the confidentiality of the information contained in the database, which shall prevent access to the information by any person who is not lawfully entitled to it.  The information contained in the database shall not be considered a public or government record for the purposes of P.L.1963, c.73 (C.47:1A-1 et seq.).

Either way you look at it, it's a lie. We've come to accept the notion that 2+2= 15.789 simply because the government says so. We need to get out of that mentality. It's [like] saying that "everytown" is correct in stating that school shootings have quadrupled over the past 8 years. If we accept these grey areas, then yes, because they consider a school shooting a criminal that drove his car through a school zone, then killed 3 people on his spree at the bank. Numbers could be made to fit an agenda and we need to call them out on the fallacy and lies or they'll continue with this phony narrative, then "we the people" lose. What's next---counting it a "gun death" after a person died in a car accident but was carrying his gun? Sounds silly, but these people continually get away with the narrative and we need to break down the numbers to reveal their hypocrisy. 

You guys see a problem I see an opportunity. Anyone who doesn't want to travel to PA I am sure I can accommodate. Screw NJ and their Laws. Hopefully the Supreme Court puts a stop to all this BS; if not just refuse to comply.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

You guys see a problem I see an opportunity. Anyone who doesn't want to travel to PA I am sure I can accommodate. Screw NJ and their Laws. Hopefully the Supreme Court puts a stop to all this BS; if not just refuse to comply.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Illegal and Unconstitutional laws should not be followed

• Like 1