Alex V

My M&P9 Pro CORE Project

Just wanted to share my latest project.  Maybe a little narcissism, who knows. 

Picked up the gun from Steve (Awesome dude) a few weeks back.  I already had the parts waiting to complete it.  Even since 2001 when I got my WS6 TA, I can't leave well enough alone with anything.  I can't leave anything stock and have an overwhelming itch to customize and modify.

So away I went; 

IMG_6105_zpss55kcpan.jpg

I got the APEX FSS Aluminum trigger, Failure resistant extractor and competition springs, Streamlight TLR-1s and extended magazine release from LF Arms.  Fiber Optic front and blacked out rear sight from Dawson Precision. 

IMG_6108_zpsfep4ycu2.jpg

I stripped the frame and started by undercutting the trigger guard and placing an index cut into the bottom of the trigger guard with a Dremel.  Sanded with 200, 400 and 600 for a smooth finish.

IMG_6110_zpsqkv3iyji.jpg

Then came the wood burning tool and I stippled the frame to my liking.

IMG_6112_zpsujxlcrfo.jpg

IMG_6111_zpsarulvgs7.jpg

Fully assembled and ready for the Costa class next weekend :-D

IMG_6113_zpsg1ywyr3v.jpg

Family Photo

As you can see, I already have the Apex trigger in another M&P and love it.  This is why I had the trigger already waiting when the pistol arrived.  I knew I would want to install it.  I find this to be the best trigger I have ever felt in any polymer striker fired gun.  I have the trigger in the Shield as well and love it. 

I do have to say, the Dawson sights don't seem to be as well made as the 10-8 sights I have on the other M&P.  The metal seems softer and instantly deforms when you try to use a punch to set them in the dovetail. We shall see how they stand up over time. 

• Like 2

They all look awesome, man. I"m picking my M2.0 up today, hopefully. You feel the 10-8 sights are better? I'm gonna rock with the factory trigger for a while. It is supposed to be a lot better than the last. I want to shoot the apex and feel the difference. Lastly, do you have any original Pro Series back straps left? I want one for my FDE 2.0

They all look awesome, man. I"m picking my M2.0 up today, hopefully. You feel the 10-8 sights are better? I'm gonna rock with the factory trigger for a while. It is supposed to be a lot better than the last. I want to shoot the apex and feel the difference. Lastly, do you have any original Pro Series back straps left? I want one for my FDE 2.0

the 10-8s are of a harder metal for sure.  When they need filing, I was going at it with a diamond file for a while, the DP ones seem soft by comparison.  The file would cut through them like butter.  When you drive them into the slide, you see the slide take material off of the sight.  The sight also deforms when a punch is used to drive it, you can see it a bit in the photos.  I think this is why DP gives you aluminum punches with their sight.  Only problem, the aluminum punch leaves aluminum all over the sight.

The 2.0 trigger is worlds better than the original M&P trigger.  Still heavy, but much better break and reset. 

I have the Medium and Large pro backtraps.  I tried to stipple the small, but dumb ass me didn't stop to think that it was rubber, not polymer.  So it just melted and looks like crap. I stole the small backstrap from my dad's M&P9 since he is using he Medium lol.