BlueLineFish

-100 Heritage Guild

Two shitty experiences I feel the need to share. A buddy went to the branchburg location to buy a gun. After he gave his FID/DL for the nics the counter guy finishes with it and just leaves it on the counter. Somebody else walked off with both id's. Police had to come and take a report. My buddy had to get a new DL and reapply for FID.

Was at the Easton location and some lady that works there told me that if I was going to be on the phone I had to stay in the lounge area. WTF. Saw their ripoff prices and left immediately. Won't be using Heritage any time soon

Two shitty experiences I feel the need to share. A buddy went to the branchburg location to buy a gun. After he gave his FID/DL for the nics the counter guy finishes with it and just leaves it on the counter. Somebody else walked off with both id's. Police had to come and take a report. My buddy had to get a new DL and reapply for FID.

Was at the Easton location and some lady that works there told me that if I was going to be on the phone I had to stay in the lounge area. WTF. Saw their ripoff prices and left immediately. Won't be using Heritage any time soon

The first experience was inexcusable.   As for the second, a number of gun shops/gun shows have no-camera policies.   That may have been what they were trying to enforce, as you never know what someone with a smart phone in their hand is really doing with it.    I'm also seeing a number of businesses asking people to stay off of their phones if they are in line for service.    

I no longer use the Rahway location either. Unfortunately being new into guns I bought my first few there since it is my local shop and I didn't know any better. Everyone in there has an attitude and they all make you feel like your wasting their time. You ask some questions, ask to see a gun, ask for prices - they all make you feel like shit about it. Except the young kid there Sean, he is cool. Their prices suck. I just recently stopped by there just to handle a gun before I order it elsewhere and they had one there USED and were asking more for it then what RTSP has it for NEW.

I bought 3 guns there over the span of 5 months a little while back, tried to sell the, a different one and they beyond low balled me. I know going to an FFL to sell is never a slam dunk but when I say they tried to rip me off they really did. And would not budge a penny. Took it to RTSP got over $100 more.

The first experience was inexcusable.   As for the second, a number of gun shops/gun shows have no-camera policies.   That may have been what they were trying to enforce, as you never know what someone with a smart phone in their hand is really doing with it.    I'm also seeing a number of businesses asking people to stay off of their phones if they are in line for service.    

I know that Targetmaster in Chadds Ford, PA has the "no cell/smart phone" policy as well.  When I asked why, I was told, "we don't want anyone taking pictures of the inventory that's on display." 

I NEVER, NEVER,NEVER let My ID's out of my sight.  Negligent on everybody's part !!!

I'll stop into the Easton location to look, but it's only because I'm ACTUALLY interested in stopping by Sarco.

I bought a really rough 1874 Gras there. It's a wall-hanger, but it was really cheap, and at least looked nice

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

The Rahway location is the next town over from me. Even though it's close, I only shopped there once a couple years ago when they had a really good sale on m&p 15-22 rifles. Had no problem at all with my purchase but it was the only time I went there.

I'm at the Easton Heritage Guild location once a month for a women's shooting group. I've also brought guests there twice on other occasions for rentals. My impression is that the range staff members are generally pretty nice and helpful... but the staff working the sales and rental desks are just simply AWFUL. Hard to understand how an owner can't see that his frontline sales staff have expressions on their faces that veer between the merely bored to the downright sullen. I mean, there's a few women working there that NEVER crack a freakin' smile. (... if you hate people, why get a customer service job anyway?)

I'm not particularly high maintenance myself... yet every time I'm in there I think, damn, if I was the owner, I'd clean house on this staff, bring in fresh talent and teach them that it's actually the customers that pay their checks.

• Like 3