Sign in to follow this  
SteveK201

Best Cherry Ridge weekend hours

I would say 4pm to closing. That or get there when they first open if your a morning type of guy.

I went there today at 12 noon and every range, and every port was being used. People were waiting 2 deep for a place on the firing line. Cars parked along the side of the road. Ans there were no matches today either so everything was 'open'. That is the busiest I ever saw it up there. I turned around and drove home b/c I didnt feel like waiting.

• Like 1

No doubt everyone has an itchy trigger finger coming off the winter, nice day, weekend....I havent gone on a weekend in yrs but I suspect even the weekdays will be busy for a while. Sucks you missed the day but at least the sport is thriving.

• Like 1

Just FYI - There as an IDPA match there next Sunday, 4/9. Starts at 1 PM (set-up will start well in advance of that) and will run until probably 4-5 PM. It is a classifier match, just in case anyone is interested.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

• Like 1

Cherry rdge is running an idpa match?

Isn't that a little 'progressive' for them?

;)

I didn't think they allowed holsters or movement even for registered competitions. Good for them if that isn't the case

I would say 4pm to closing. That or get there when they first open if your a morning type of guy.

I went there today at 12 noon and every range, and every port was being used. People were waiting 2 deep for a place on the firing line. Cars parked along the side of the road. Ans there were no matches today either so everything was 'open'. That is the busiest I ever saw it up there. I turned around and drove home b/c I didnt feel like waiting.

Plus it was membership Sunday...

This time of year the only reason I'd go there on a nice weekend would be for an event.  There are folks who have long drives and nowhere else to shoot who come out in large numbers when there's mild weather, so it gets really packed.

Once the weather gets nice people will start shooting during the week too, so early in the morning or later in the day on weekends could open up a bit.

I live 25 minutes away and have flexibility with my lunch schedule so I stick with weekdays.

WOW! My bad!!! I swear I am getting dyslexic or just plain senile - The IDPA Match / Classifier is at: Blue Ridge Cherry Valley near Scotia, PA. This off Rt 33 just south of the intersection of I-80. Closest city of any size would be Stroudsburg, PA.

I apologize for the misunderstanding - maybe the brain got waterlogged after Friday.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

Yesterday was new member orientation day. I finally joined .It was standing room only so lots of cars all over.Luckily I can go during the week

Welcome to the club!  Yes, during the week the place is a delight.  I rarely go on weekends, but it does tend to be best later in the afternoon, as others have noted.  And by all means, try to avoid membership weekend.  

• Like 1

Welcome to the club!  Yes, during the week the place is a delight.  I rarely go on weekends, but it does tend to be best later in the afternoon, as others have noted.  And by all means, try to avoid membership weekend.  

A good use for sick days!

Thanks !! Looking forward to shooting outdoors again.Anyone purchase the target stands that are sold at the range. $25 does not seem to bad and they fold up.Was going to make my own.It Was To crowded to check then out on  Sunday before I left.

I've got 4,5 in my garage. Got over enthusiastic when my wife decided to join the range a few yrs ago and her first visit blew the shit out of her frame lol. Have a lot of scrap wood laying around so wipped out a bunch, only need to rip one 2x4 in half per frame. Well she only made it back 2 more times : ( and my son who was a member too is gone for a while so there they sit. These dont fold, have truck. See to many guys wrestling with them, funny and annoying to watch.

• Like 1