NJGF

Glock 43 +4 Base Plate

One of my issues with the Glock 43 was the limited 6 round magazines. I purchased a base plate for the Glock 43 magazines that extends them to a respectible 10 total rounds. The base plate is produced by Zahal and is available at http://www.zahal.org/products/fab-defense-glock-43-grip-magazine-extension-4-rounds at $21.90

Installation was relatively easy and it is a solid product. When used it extends the grip to allow the firearm to be solidly grasped.

The length does reduce the concealability of the Glock 43 so I still use the original 6 round magazine in the firearm. I feel its real value is as a great backup magazine (or two).

I have tried it with both standard FMJ and also self defense Federal HST +P ammunition without any problems at all.

The G43 is lighter and more concealable than a G26. I wouldn't use the 10 round in the G43 itself only as a backup magazine. it makes for a good combination: a small concealable firearm with a higher capacity backup. Similar to having a G26 with a flush 10 round magazine with a G19 15 round magazine as backup.

• Like 1

Glock 43 with 10 rounds = Glock 26

Wouldn't the 26 make more sense?

Raymundo - The difference in 43/26 is the width which if carrying IWB makes all the difference in the world.

Maybe I would use a +1 or 2 but agreed a +4 is porky.

Had a 43 in my hand last night.  Not bad and mag capacity for me is not a problem  I grew up on a S&W 36.

• Like 2

"God that's fugly"

That was the original company slogan, but then the marketing department intervened, and they changed it to "Glock Perfection".

• Like 2

Glock 43 with 10 rounds = Glock 26

Wouldn't the 26 make more sense?

This. IN MY OPINION

If you want the single stack 9 for lighter weight and thinnest possible, a 9 Shield offers better capacity with a flush mag than a Glock 43.

If you have a G43 use the MagGuts kit to get 7 rounds which would bring you up to the Shield.

Grip length is what prints anyway if we are talking about everyday civilian carry (in theory in NJ obviously) - fun fact is that with empty flush magazines if talking about weight the G26 is within 1/2 oz of the 9 Shield.

This. IN MY OPINION

If you want the single stack 9 for lighter weight and thinnest possible, a 9 Shield offers better capacity with a flush mag than a Glock 43.

If you have a G43 use the MagGuts kit to get 7 rounds which would bring you up to the Shield.

Grip length is what prints anyway if we are talking about everyday civilian carry (in theory in NJ obviously) - fun fact is that with empty flush magazines if talking about weight the G26 is within 1/2 oz of the 9 Shield.

The Shield really leads this market right now BECAUSE of what you just posted.

Thanks Ray yes i agree with you and 20% less in MSRP too of G43 vs Shield9.

So G43 with MagGuts you get same capacity but you are paying 25% more than a Shield out of the box.

I was thinking of getting a G43 with my Blue Label coupon this year but honestly not worth it as I own a 26, would rather get an MOS or a full sized 17.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Ray Ray said:

This is confusing.  The purpose of the Glock 43 is a pocket 9mm.  These extended base plates and +1,2,3,4 or whatever defeat the purpose. 

They make great backup mags.

• Like 1

One of the issues with the tiny guns is that the grip is way too small, thus I find the appeal of the extended base pads as it makes the grip a tad longer.

Those +4's on the other hand... just wayyy too much it seems.