Krdshrk

Civilian Marksmanship Program to Receive 86,000 M1 Garand Rifles from the Philippines

Save up your dollars!

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2017/04/07/breaking-civilian-marksmanship-program-receive-86000-m1-garand-rifles-philippines/

The Civilian Marksmanship Program has received confirmation that the Philippine government will be shipping 86,000 M1 Garand rifles back to the United States for distribution to American civilian shooters. Gina Johnson, General Manager of CMP South in Alabama, confirmed the upcoming delivery with the administrators of the M1 Garand Enthusiasts Group Facebook page:

Charles Baker just to clarify…CMP will be receiving the rifles once the Philippines prepares them for shipment. CMP only has to pay the transportation cost of getting these rifles back as they have with every other shipment sent to us. We do not know when these rifles will be shipped back, but they have been approved.

This is one of the largest shipments of M1 Garand rifles back to the US in recent years, and since the CMP only has to pay the cost to ship the rifles back to America (as the guns are already owned by the US government), it’s likely that these will come in at a very affordable cost relative to the wider M1 Garand market. In other words, this is your big chance to pick up one of General George S. Patton’s “most deadly rifle in the world” for yourself!
  • Like 2

Me too...How do we get one?

A few small hoops. Demonstrate marksmanship and join a club. DD214 and grand club is acceptable IIRC.

Any word on potential field grade prices?

I can't see a price drop. The CMP has been selling Garands below market value for years (800-1200 roughly). If the CMP is smart they'll hold onto current pricing to keep rifles moving for a few years.

ONE day I'll have a shooter grade M1 garand.

• Like 1

A few small hoops. Demonstrate marksmanship and join a club. DD214 and grand club is acceptable IIRC.

Any word on potential field grade prices?

I can't see a price drop. The CMP has been selling Garands below market value for years (800-1200 roughly). If the CMP is smart they'll hold onto current pricing to keep rifles moving for a few years.

ONE day I'll have a shooter grade M1 garand.

How about someone purchase one for me and then we can do a COE? :)

ANJRPC is an affiliated club, so it looks like I'm good there, but does anyone know if the CMP requires it to be a range membership? I'm about 2 hours from Cherry Ridge, so I'm a non-range member.

Just need to prove marksmanship...And save up a bunch of cash.

Go to the cjrpc cmp m1 sessions in apr, june,aug, oct. Or the nra highpower in between. Club has loaner m1s to use fornthat purpose

ANJRPC is an affiliated club, so it looks like I'm good there, but does anyone know if the CMP requires it to be a range membership? I'm about 2 hours from Cherry Ridge, so I'm a non-range member.

Just need to prove marksmanship...And save up a bunch of cash.

• Like 1

How is it a straw purchase?  I am legal. Person A buys it from CMP. Person A then offers to sell it to Person B (me) with a COE transfer form. All legal. 

I would imagine it has something to do with Form 4473 question 11a, which asks whether you're the actual purchaser or not.

I would imagine it has something to do with Form 4473 question 11a, which asks whether you're the actual purchaser or not.

The blurred lines of gun laws can be seen in many ways.

How is it a straw purchase? I am legal. Person A buys it from CMP. Person A then offers to sell it to Person B (me) with a COE transfer form. All legal.

That is legal. Person A buying it for the intent of selling it to person B is illegal.

• Like 1