Sign in to follow this  
Ricky_Bobby

Help me pick out a "farewell" pistol before I leave NJ....

Well our house went under contract today and tentative closing is 45 days - then we have an up to 60 day lease back from the new owners after we close (details in my other thread)

Going by the PD with my wife probably by end of the week to get her FID and P2P for the Glock 42 that she won on a Kygunco giveaway (in Tiffany Blue no doubt, sitting at Steve's shop in Marlboro as we speak waiting in jail), figured I might as well get myself a permit or two as and pick something up before I go -

Springfield is having a nice promotion right now with the extra mags+holsters - I have a 1911 not sure if I want another.

S&W is having awesome Shield rebate and I honestly love the new texture on the 45 - after rebate its $275, ridiculous.  And down south I can actually carry it.

But I still really crave a VP9 for some reason.  So nice to hold and points naturally.  Good deals can be found too, around $500 for base version or $650 for LE.

My PPQM2 9mm would love to have a brother in 45 as well, or my Sig P320 Compact in 45 would love a 9mm version.

(as you can tell I don't do 40, 357Sig, 10mm, GAP, etc) -

Full disclosure I am a GSSF member and I'll be getting my annual Blue Label purchase coupon around June 1 so no more Glocks (for now) - I'll wait till the move and either get a G17 Gen4, G43, or G19 MOS, or if I love shooting it, maybe my own G42 for hot summertime carry in NC.

I can see going through the FID / P2P process for your wife, since that's already in motion and the "inventory" is already at Steve's.   But, if it's not yet on order and you really don't need it until after you move, I'd wonder why you would go through the trouble of getting P2P's, when you can get new items in NC without the hassle. Just get your CCW there and it's a snap.  

When I left NJ, I had one more P2P remaining (and, in fact, it was one that had been extended for the addl. 90 days).   I took it with me to FL.  I haven't framed it yet as a memento, but I probably will... :dancing:

• Like 1

Maybe I'll bring the unused permit down as a memento then and hang it on my wall LOL - would be great story to tell my new NC friends over drinks

I only asked because my town is fast, literally had my last set of permits in 2 weeks - And since I'm here till the end of June/July at the latest, was thinking why not....

Now rifles or semi-auto on the other hand, never in a million years would I buy one here and definitely waiting until my Drivers License indicates a free state-

Springfield is having a nice promotion right now with the extra mags+holsters ... S&W is having awesome Shield rebate and I honestly love the new texture on the 45 - after rebate its $275, ridiculous.  And down south I can actually carry it ...

My PPQM2 9mm would love to have a brother in 45 as well ...

Sounds like you want a .45 ... do you have a carry gun already?   

No ... Springfield XDs or the Shield?

Yes ... PPQ sounds good, or an XDm.

Sounds like you want a .45 ... do you have a carry gun already?   

Yes!  Glock 26 Gen4 would be my go to, but I like variety - its going to get hot in summer so I might want something a bit slimmer too! 

No ... Springfield XDs or the Shield?

XDS I don't like the feel in the hand personally, Shield 45 I do!  (although I'm a southpaw and the mag release is not reversible, something I can live with)

Yes ... PPQ sounds good, or an XDm.

Love my PPQ in 9mm I imagine I would love it in 45.  I want to go and hold the XDM's in hand in store, not a huge fan of Springfield's grip safety but I've heard great things especially about the XDM Compact 3.8.

Thanks Tom!  Yeah I'm a 9 and 45 guy for the most part - Great suggestions, I will have to go to HG and hold a few in hand while I mull this over - If I do like the XDM I'd wait till I move to buy it because of the larger than 15 round mags -

Maybe I'll bring the unused permit down as a memento then and hang it on my wall LOL - would be great story to tell my new NC friends over drinks

I only asked because my town is fast, literally had my last set of permits in 2 weeks - And since I'm here till the end of June/July at the latest, was thinking why not....

Now rifles or semi-auto on the other hand, never in a million years would I buy one here and definitely waiting until my Drivers License indicates a free state-

So was my town.   16 calendar days max for a set of P2Ps.    I guess it comes down to whether or not you really need it before you get to leave.  If you can afford to wait, I would.  

^ah yes - I was thinking about the 9mm version -

I'd love a CZ75 in polished stainless but they are hard to come by and I don't want to buy with pinned mags before I go. I do have smaller hands so Glocks actually fit my hand better than you'd think.

I'll take a look at the XDM in 45 over the weekend too -

Well our house went under contract today and tentative closing is 45 days - then we have an up to 60 day lease back from the new owners after we close (details in my other thread)

Going by the PD with my wife probably by end of the week to get her FID and P2P for the Glock 42 that she won on a Kygunco giveaway (in Tiffany Blue no doubt, sitting at Steve's shop in Marlboro as we speak waiting in jail), figured I might as well get myself a permit or two as and pick something up before I go -

Springfield is having a nice promotion right now with the extra mags+holsters - I have a 1911 not sure if I want another.

S&W is having awesome Shield rebate and I honestly love the new texture on the 45 - after rebate its $275, ridiculous.  And down south I can actually carry it.

But I still really crave a VP9 for some reason.  So nice to hold and points naturally.  Good deals can be found too, around $500 for base version or $650 for LE.

My PPQM2 9mm would love to have a brother in 45 as well, or my Sig P320 Compact in 45 would love a 9mm version.

(as you can tell I don't do 40, 357Sig, 10mm, GAP, etc) -

Full disclosure I am a GSSF member and I'll be getting my annual Blue Label purchase coupon around June 1 so no more Glocks (for now) - I'll wait till the move and either get a G17 Gen4, G43, or G19 MOS, or if I love shooting it, maybe my own G42 for hot summertime carry in NC.

Save the money and get something not NJ legal when you get to NC. MPX-p, USP expert (18 rounds 9mm), whatever, PMR30.

I am going to go in a different direction here...

Get 3 permits.

Have your FFL order 3 of the crappiest bb gun pistols on the planet.

Apply for OGAM exemption.

Use all 3 permits to take possession of crap.

A fine way to say FU to NJ, and waste time and resources at the NJSP.

I am going to go in a different direction here...

Get 3 permits.

Have your FFL order 3 of the crappiest bb gun pistols on the planet.

Apply for OGAM exemption.

Use all 3 permits to take possession of crap.

A fine way to say FU to NJ, and waste time and resources at the NJSP.

LOL This may be the winner.

Trust me there are plenty of long arms to purchase when I move. AR's, AK's, Semi-auto 12 gauge with 8 rounds oh my!

The few handguns I am holding out on purchase are solely because of mag capacity for the most part.

The best way to give the biggest middle finger is to wait until you move. Feel what it's like to walk into a shop, show your DL and CC card, and purchase a gun right there on the spot. Don't feed the pathetic tyrant who's been treating you like a baby all these years. Don't waste the 5 minutes on the paperwork.

• Like 3

The best way to give the biggest middle finger is to wait until you move. Feel what it's like to walk into a shop, show your DL and CC card, and purchase a gun right there on the spot. Don't feed the pathetic tyrant who's been treating you like a baby all these years. Don't waste the 5 minutes on the paperwork.

+1

Sent from my SM-G925P using Tapatalk

Precisely.

You know what would be funny / screwed up is if I got 2 permits and did one retail transaction and then one as a private sale off Armslist and just mailed in the other permit and completely ignore OGAM like a week before I move out of state and change my address and drivers license.

What are they going to do send me a threatening letter to my new state? Lol

I know, I know :)

You can still post here like all the other obnoxious boastful traitors who abandon this shit-filled dinghy for "freedom."

Listen freedom isn't as free as you would think. After the gym Monday I walked into the LGS and he had three pistols I wanted so I bought them. There was no permitting process to slow me down so I could save money, no ogam so I could have spread that payment out over two months. Nope just me, my d/l, my cwp and my cc then walked out. I had no time to prepare while I filled out documents, no time to wrack my brain while my local law enforcement made me wait for permits. It was awful....well not really. However, I did, for the first time, wait for my wife to go out and sneak them in the house.

Well tomorrow I refuse to buy anything while I'm at the gunsmith getting my SBR receivers engraved.

You weren't including me in the obnoxious, boastful thing were you? I honestly don't see why you would.

• Like 2

Listen freedom isn't as free as you would think. After the gym Monday I walked into the LGS and he had three pistols I wanted so I bought them. There was no permitting process to slow me down so I could save money, no ogam so I could have spread that payment out over two months. Nope just me, my d/l, my cwp and my cc then walked out. I had no time to prepare while I filled out documents, no time to wrack my brain while my local law enforcement made me wait for permits. It was awful....well not really. However, I did, for the first time, wait for my wife to go out and sneak them in the house.

Well tomorrow I refuse to buy anything while I'm at the gunsmith getting my SBR receivers engraved.

You weren't including me in the obnoxious, boastful thing were you? I honestly don't see why you would.

Good Lord, no. Ya bastit.

• Like 1