The brew guy

Another American headed to jail in NJ

This sounds loosely like the beginning of con air. Maybe he will land an airplane on the strip and then everyone will feel bad for him

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

That really made no sense.

The way I see it the firearms owners in this state, or at least on this forum, is why we have the laws we do. All those who vote Democrat and are so quick to comply and bash those who don't are part of the problem and not part of the solution.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Hey now at Raritan Valley I was in a criminal justice class with a marine reservist and we were discussing firearm laws. The kid chimes in that he had 30 rounders In his car from "training" and wanted to know if it was legal to have(probably stolen mags) off base. The teacher said he didn't know and I'm glad no one else chimed in so I could quitetly tell the kid after class he was a fuck tard and was going to ruin his service career and probably life over wanting to be the bad ass jar head who grabbed some mags from the armory and told people at the local community college.

Point of my story is military service or the uniform don't make you any less of a jack ass. People will just tend to look away more often

Sota I've now joined you in the asbestos underwear club.

That really made no sense.

The way I see it the firearms owners in this state, or at least on this forum, is why we have the laws we do. All those who vote Democrat and are so quick to comply and bash those who don't are part of the problem and not part of the solution.

Did you once stop to ask yourself how familiar this guy is with the state of NJ?

Visiting family and friends? Did he grow up here?

Your right though, the gun owners on here who discuss being responsible and informed are the problem. Not the people like this who can't even secure their weapon from a drunk or take the time understand where their permit is valid...

I can certainly understand issues pertaining to transporting firearms in other states, but carrying is generally understood in every state to be somewhat regulated... Only recently have states just allowed Constitutional carry. Consider a VA permit isnt good in many states, this isn't something that could only happen in NJ.

Did you once stop to ask yourself how familiar this guy is with the state of NJ?

Visiting family and friends? Did he grow up here?

Your right though, the gun owners on here who discuss being responsible and informed are the problem. Not the people like this who can't even secure their weapon from a drunk or take the time understand where their permit is valid...

I can certainly understand issues pertaining to transporting firearms in other states, but carrying is generally understood in every state to be somewhat regulated... Only recently have states just allowed Constitutional carry. Consider a VA permit isnt good in many states, this isn't something that could only happen in NJ.

You are forgetting about LEOSA passed in 2009 and amended and clarified to include Military Police in 2013. So yes he can now carry in every state.

Seems to me the Appellate Court in their decision gave him the answer to appeal to the Supreme Court.

Post on a National Forum how the Marine MP is the problem and not the laws of NJ and see the reaction you get.

It happened in 2010, 3 years prior to the change in LEO carry.

I'd imagine anyone from a carry state wouldn't see he did something wrong, But their opinions don't change facts. Permits are only good in the states they were issued, that's a national issue not a NJ law. If a state wants to acknowledge other permits, great.. but other than constitutional carry, under the right circumstance this could happen in any state. Which means it's not a NJ issue.

This is a case for national reciprocity.

Still curious how close he was to NJ.

It happened in 2010, 3 years prior to the change in LEO carry.

I'd imagine anyone from a carry state wouldn't see he did something wrong, But their opinions don't change facts. Permits are only good in the states they were issued, that's a national issue not a NJ law. If a state wants to acknowledge other permits, great.. but other than constitutional carry, under the right circumstance this could happen in any state. Which means it's not a NJ issue.

This is a case for national reciprocity.

Still curious how close he was to NJ.

Yes it is a case for National Constitutional Carry. My point is the gun owners in this state attack the Marine and are so hyped up to do so they twist the facts of the case and makeup laws that don't exist in Free States. This is part of the reason we have the laws we do in NJ. Everyone is so quick to comply.

I believe it was 2011 and LEOSA as passed in 2009 may have been meant to include MPs. It was amended to include them for sure in 2013. It would need a court decision to clarify.

• Like 2

Carol Bowne! If she had her 2A rights, she might be alive today!

How's that for a poster child? God rest her soul!

I'm sorry, was Carol Bowne arrested for carrying? No. She wasn't. She's dead in part because of the inept PD in her town ignoring the written law, an action that would get us tarred and feathered but results in the AG doing what? Oh right, NOTHING.

I'm not saying this guy or any guy is the poster child for ccw in NJ. I'm pointing out how everyone is willing to Monday Morning QB each of these events ex post facto and throw anyone under the bus.

• Like 1

I'm sorry, was Carol Bowne arrested for carrying? No. She wasn't. She's dead in part because of the inept PD in her town ignoring the written law, an action that would get us tarred and feathered but results in the AG doing what? Oh right, NOTHING.

I'm not saying this guy or any guy is the poster child for ccw in NJ. I'm pointing out how everyone is willing to Monday Morning QB each of these events ex post facto and throw anyone under the bus.

I don't feel people are introducing this individual to the wheels of the bus. But the story doesn't pass the smell test.

Its over

Christie Commutes Former Marine’s Jail Sentence For Violating N.J. Gun Law

. http://nj1015.com/christie-spares-marine-from-prison-over-gun-conviction/

Christie’s Good Friday commutation changes Pompey’s sentence to time served.

So it's still on his record as a felony conviction. Unless he is pardoned his military career is over.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Hey now at Raritan Valley I was in a criminal justice class with a marine reservist and we were discussing firearm laws. The kid chimes in that he had 30 rounders In his car from "training" and wanted to know if it was legal to have(probably stolen mags) off base. The teacher said he didn't know and I'm glad no one else chimed in so I could quitetly tell the kid after class he was a fuck tard and was going to ruin his service career and probably life over wanting to be the bad ass jar head who grabbed some mags from the armory and told people at the local community college.

Point of my story is military service or the uniform don't make you any less of a jack ass. People will just tend to look away more often

Sota I've now joined you in the asbestos underwear club.

To further your point, you only need a 32% on the ASVAB to get into the Marine Corps.

So it's still on his record as a felony conviction. Unless he is pardoned his military career is over.

Sent from my iPhone using                                                                                                       

I think  Christie had to move fast on this.  He's still considering a pardon for him. I don't like it because pardons are not a solution to the problem we face here in NJ. 

For Prosperity. 7f7db8110ad43b2598cdbf4350109cad.jpg

It's bad enough making a completely false statement, but the guy who says he nailed it is even worse. NC Law specifically allows the carrying of a firearm in a bar or nightclub with CCW Permit. You just can't drink while doing so. Defendant didn't return with a load firearm. He went to his car.

If carrying in a bar or nightclub is true, that certainly was not the case when I moved from NC 3 years ago. There was a law that I believed was passed very shortly after I left that many affectionately called the Pizza Hut exception. When I was CCW in NC, you were always warned not to carry anywhere that served alcohol, and this screwed a few who didn't know Pizza Hut had beer bottles that could be purchased. I would be shocked if this was extended to bars and nightclubs. My NC CCW is still active, so I will follow up and post the results here after Easter.

If carrying in a bar or nightclub is true, that certainly was not the case when I moved from NC 3 years ago. There was a law that I believed was passed very shortly after I left that many affectionately called the Pizza Hut exception. When I was CCW in NC, you were always warned not to carry anywhere that served alcohol, and this screwed a few who didn't know Pizza Hut had beer bottles that could be purchased. I would be shocked if this was extended to bars and nightclubs. My NC CCW is still active, so I will follow up and post the results here after Easter.

9915c321d6a32daa7375136837364a8c.jpg

Nice Handy Chart from NCDOJ website.