Photo

Too large for wallet FID

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 Sevenshot

Sevenshot
  • LocationHudson County

Posted 15 April 2017 - 08:40 PM

It's been about a month and I haven't figured out what to do with this thing since it won't fit in my wallet. You guys trim it, laminate it, keep it in your left cheek pocket?
Jeff

Hudson County

#2 Screwball

Screwball
  • LocationHowell

Posted 15 April 2017 - 08:49 PM

I laminated mine, didn't trim it. Left the lamination part a little wider.

Doesn't fit in the credit card slots of my wallet (trifold), but fits in the money part in the center when folded. Very secured.

I don't carry my FID normally. I find if I have it on me, I'm more likely to buy a long gun. I leave it in the safe, and either toss it in my wallet if I need it for a purchase or in my range bag (I take most places with guns, as it has eyes/ears and first aid) if I'm going to shoot.

#3 DirtyDigz

DirtyDigz

Posted 15 April 2017 - 08:50 PM

I leave mine in the safe except for when I'm going to a range or getting ready to transfer a firearm.  I carry a paper copy stamped "copy" in my wallet.

#4 sroc112

sroc112
  • LocationWestfield
  • Home Range:RTSP

Posted 15 April 2017 - 09:01 PM

Laminated and then trimmed the sides and rounded off the corners. Fits fine now. Carry it at all times in case I ever decide to stop into a shop on my way home to feel out some guns and the counter guy asks for proof of FID just to browse.
Sig Sauer M11-A1
Glock 19 Gen 4
Glock 27 Gen 4
Mossberg 590 12ga.

NRA Member
NJ2AS

#5 ogfarmer

ogfarmer
  • LocationSomerset County
  • Home Range:Easton Fish & Game Association

Posted 15 April 2017 - 09:08 PM

My PD laminated mine and I trimmed it, it's still slightly larger but I don't have a conventional wallet anyway so it doesn't matter.

“Nothin' more useless than an unloaded gun. ”

― Tony Soprano

#6 mattm754

mattm754
  • LocationOcean County, NJ
  • Home Range:Range 14 / Garden State Shooting Center

Posted 15 April 2017 - 09:29 PM

My wallet has some largish pockets, so I have no issue keeping it in there 24/7. It is, of course, laminated.

http://www.carhartt....-Wallet-61-2234
Built like a tank and fits my FID.

I keep it on me in case I need to buy some handgun ammo, see a gun I like, come across a deal too good to pass up, etc.
Also, I recommend the thickest lamination offering from Staples. It's about the thickness of a credit card when all is said and done.

#7 HBecwithFn7

HBecwithFn7
  • LocationTampa Bay Area, Florida

Posted 15 April 2017 - 09:48 PM

I recall that mine was laminated, but I never cut it to fit into the Credit card folder.  I kept it in the middle section of my tri-fold, same as I do my FL CWFL. This, so its hidden if I'm pulling out my license (which is in the Credit Card folder).

#8 JohnnyB

JohnnyB
  • LocationGloucester County, PRNJ
  • Home Range:U.S.A.N.A.

Posted 15 April 2017 - 09:49 PM

Laminated and then trimmed the sides and rounded off the corners. Fits fine now. Carry it at all times in case I ever decide to stop into a shop on my way home to feel out some guns and the counter guy asks for proof of FID just to browse.

Same here. Trimmed and laminated. My card is 34 years old and I always keep it in my wallet, just in case. Looks like crap but it always works.

FPID

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety"
Benjamin Franklin

Proud Member,

NJ2AS
NRA

#9 Lambo2936

Lambo2936
  • LocationEast Brunswick NJ
  • Home Range:Range 14

Posted 15 April 2017 - 10:19 PM

I've heard of people trimming the paper as much as possible to leave any writing intact and then laminating and trimming it so it fits in a CC slot. Personally, i just had it laminated as is and trimmed it to fit in my money bill part of my wallet. The edge gets a little bent sometimes but nothing major.

#10 bhunted

bhunted

"Slowly turning into a Misanthrope!" 70% there!

• Premier Member
  • 6,484 posts
  • LocationPassaic County
  • Home Range:WPR/GFH, CR

Posted 16 April 2017 - 02:37 AM

Been carry this for years. Built like a tank and fits almost anything.
http://www.specopsbr...wallet-j-r.html

T.H.E. Wallet J.R.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Regards,

John, aka BHunted
NRA Life Endowment Member - NJ2AS - SAF - ANJRPC - GFHR - Patriot Guard

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote". -Benjamin Franklin
---------------------------------------
"NJ - The Armpit Of The United States"

#11 NotJust22s

NotJust22s
  • Home Range:home

Posted 16 April 2017 - 06:45 AM

This freaking state does it on purpose just to F with us.

#12 bhunted

bhunted

"Slowly turning into a Misanthrope!" 70% there!

• Premier Member
  • 6,484 posts
  • LocationPassaic County
  • Home Range:WPR/GFH, CR

Posted 16 April 2017 - 06:48 AM

This freaking state does it on purpose just to F with us.

Dont be ridiculous. Just about everything is too big. SSN, DL, etc...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Regards,

John, aka BHunted
NRA Life Endowment Member - NJ2AS - SAF - ANJRPC - GFHR - Patriot Guard

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote". -Benjamin Franklin
---------------------------------------
"NJ - The Armpit Of The United States"

#13 DSD1026

DSD1026
  • LocationMonmouth County
  • Home Range:CJRPC

Posted 16 April 2017 - 07:53 AM

Laminated mine and trimmed it as much as i could.  Still doesn't fit into a CC slot, but i put mine in the pocket behind the CC slots.  Its a little bit large for that area, but with a billfold wallet, it still fits enough and closes properly. 

ed302975af5539f0d11a741c17a016a8_zpse776

"Arms in the hands of citizens may be used at individual discretion in private self defense." - John Adams

-David

djg0770

I want to be the best dressed guy where I go, so I go to Walmart.

#14 oldguysrule649

oldguysrule649
  • LocationMiddletown
  • Home Range:Garden State Shooting Center

Posted 16 April 2017 - 07:55 AM

I keep mine in my range bag in a baseball card protector. I used to keep it in my wallet but it started getting very worn.
<p>Member: NRA, NJ2AS, SAF, and ANJRPC

#15 John712

John712
  • LocationClark nj
  • Home Range:Clark NJ

Posted 16 April 2017 - 08:36 AM

Stays in my safe unless I need it, range, buying a firearm etc.

#16 dbldune

dbldune
  • LocationSummit, NJ
  • Home Range:Heritage guild, Randolph, phillipsburg pistol club

Posted 16 April 2017 - 08:53 AM

Laminate it, then fold it in half.... No big deal

#17 diamondd817

diamondd817
  • LocationNear Morristown

Posted 16 April 2017 - 11:19 AM

I've heard of people trimming the paper as much as possible to leave any writing intact and then laminating and trimming it so it fits in a CC slot. Personally, i just had it laminated as is and trimmed it to fit in my money bill part of my wallet. The edge gets a little bent sometimes but nothing major.

This is what I did. Trimmed the paper card itself as much as possible, then laminated, then trimmed the laminate. Fits perfectly in my wallet now.

“The Second Amendment has nothing to do with hunters. Hunters use firearms. Hunters have every right to use firearms, as do target shooters, as do gun collectors, as do others. “The fact of the matter is that the Second Amendment has to do with personal and national defense. It was put into the Constitution by the founders who considered it as important indeed as the First Amendment.” ... NRA President David Keene

Member:

NRA
SAF
NJ2AS

ANJRPC   

#18 tattooo

tattooo

Posted 16 April 2017 - 12:19 PM

I laminated mine but only carry when heading to the range or for a purchase.

Sent from my SM-G925P using Tapatalk

#19 TrentonShooter

TrentonShooter
  • LocationTrenton NJ Mercer County
  • Home Range:Ready Aim Fire

Posted 17 April 2017 - 08:09 PM

I laminated mines and then cut it to fit my wallet

#20 Old Glock guy

Old Glock guy
  • Home Range:Cherry Ridge/GFH/Thunder Mountain

Posted 18 April 2017 - 05:14 PM

Also, it's good to have it with you if you keep a(n) (unloaded) long gun in your trunk.  

• NJGF likes this

#21 tattooo

tattooo

Posted 19 April 2017 - 08:44 AM

Agreed, if I had an unloaded long gun in my trunk I would definitely carry my FID.

Sent from my SM-G925P using Tapatalk

#22 SuRrEaLNJ

SuRrEaLNJ
  • LocationNew Milford
  • Home Range:RTSP/GFH

Posted 19 April 2017 - 09:00 AM

trimed mine, laminated it, then trimed the lamination to make it fit. i carry mine because you never know when im going to do something stupid and need it

NRA Life member

NJ2AS Member

CNJFO Member

#23 Ray Ray

Ray Ray
  • LocationBayonne, Hudson County
  • Home Range:Bayonne Pistol Range

Posted 19 April 2017 - 05:28 PM

I never carry mine unless I'm buying a gun. And when I am carrying it, I put it in my pocket.
NJZED

#24 JohnnyB

JohnnyB
  • LocationGloucester County, PRNJ
  • Home Range:U.S.A.N.A.

Posted 19 April 2017 - 07:34 PM

I never carry mine unless I'm buying a gun. And when I am carrying it, I put it in my pocket.

I always carry mine because I never know if I will be buying a gun that day. I also carry extra COEs.

Any day I buy a new gun is a GOOD day! Logic dictates you should always be prepared to have a GOOD day!

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety"
Benjamin Franklin

Proud Member,

NJ2AS
NRA

#25 fishnut

fishnut
  • Locationflemington, NJ
  • Home Range:EFGA

Posted 20 April 2017 - 07:33 PM

Trimmed to CC size and kept in my wallet always.

What's your plan for tomorrow
Are you a leader or will you follow
Are you a fighter or will you cower
It's our time to take back the power

The Interrupters

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users