53 replies to this topic

#31 High Exposure

High Exposure
  • LocationAtlantic Highlands
  • Home Range:Wherever I can press a trigger

Posted 19 April 2017 - 01:10 PM

And here it is:

A23998CE-BB4B-4E33-879E-1C1E50FD21E9_zps

It's all a commercial for his PDN bullshit.

I've given my thoughts on Rob and his training here before. The experienced folks I know that have trained with Rob describe his attitude in class to be exactly what is demonstrated in this FB silliness.

http://www.njgunforu...2/?fromsearch=1

I see some of the folks from that thread in the FB comments as well - looking at you Darren and Nick. You both provided well written and thought out responses that were rudely dismissed.

Do your research folks. Spend your money on trainers that deserve it.
  • Walt of Destiny and Darrenf like this
RIP Pat, until Valhalla

"Therefore since the world has still, much good but much less good than ill,And while the sun and moon endure, luck’s a chance but trouble’s sure,I’d face it as a wise man would, and train for ill and not for good."- A. E. Housman

Isaiah 6:8 "Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?” And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

WWPRD?

#32 Nickjc

Nickjc

Springfield Armory US Rifle, Cal. .30, M1

• NJGF Vendor
  • 5,387 posts
  • LocationHamlet of Glenwood, Vernon twshp, Sussex co.
  • Home Range:Cherry Ridge

Posted 19 April 2017 - 01:50 PM

And here it is:

A23998CE-BB4B-4E33-879E-1C1E50FD21E9_zps

It's all a commercial for his PDN bullshit.

I've given my thoughts on Rob and his training here before. The experienced folks I know that have trained with Rob describe his attitude in class to be exactly what is demonstrated in this FB silliness.

http://www.njgunforu...2/?fromsearch=1

I see some of the folks from that thread in the FB comments as well - looking at you Darren and Nick. You both provided well written and thought out responses that were rudely dismissed.

Do your research folks. Spend your money on trainers that deserve it.

AND the PDN crap that it is - his online training - i gave a BS email just to get in - once you click it - " hey you want premier info?  just $$$ per month "   Click bait BS.

So if *you want to see* the info- pay him..........

This just all rubs me in a very wrong way - i am many things and I know I can be pessimistic and argumentative... I get it - but this is beyond the pale......marketing on the backs of the oppressed....sheesh.

Kinda makes me more pissed off than the youtuber's who are complaining that the 2A is being suppressed by the new algorithms, when all along the real complaint is their pocket books are hurt !  The 2A is a vehicle for them to line their pockets.  Whatever happened to -

" we pledge our lives, our fortunes and our sacred honor "

Sheesh  :(

• Rob0115 and High Exposure like this
** probably sent from my phone while mobile..please excuse the typos **

Thanks ! NickJC

9-11-01 - In memory of Mom, Loli, Gerry, Donald & Vinny...

Posted Image]

Blah. BHP's are AWESOME.

#33 Darrenf

Darrenf
  • Home Range:Shooters LEH

Posted 19 April 2017 - 02:06 PM

It sucks because I always liked him on different shows I'd seen him on and my wife and I definitely planned on taking a course or two of his when he was in the area, but based on his responses to us asking for more info I'd say right now the odds of me ever spending a dime with him are worse than my CCW permit being accepted in NJ right now. What he needs to do is admit he was wrong (we all have bad days) and go from there, instead of digging in even further. That is something few people are capable of these days.
  • High Exposure likes this

#34 High Exposure

High Exposure

Posted 19 April 2017 - 02:52 PM

Darren, there are much better and relevant trainers out there teaching quality TTPs that are commonly accepted by the premier gunfighter said of our day and age. They amazingly even manage to teach you without being condescending!

Like I said in the other thread - do your research on your instructors. Vet them, their methods, their philosophies, and make sure what you are learning is what you want/need to learn. Then spend your money appropriately.
  • Rob0115, Walt of Destiny, AlexTheSane and 1 other like this
RIP Pat, until Valhalla

"Therefore since the world has still, much good but much less good than ill,And while the sun and moon endure, luck’s a chance but trouble’s sure,I’d face it as a wise man would, and train for ill and not for good."- A. E. Housman

Isaiah 6:8 "Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?” And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

WWPRD?

#35 JeffreyDV

JeffreyDV
  • LocationBergen County

Posted 19 April 2017 - 07:05 PM

I remember a while back the NJ2AS was trying to get a large group to apply for permits to carry and see what happens. The idea was that most if not all would be denied at that could be the basis for a lawsuit. Don't know what ever became of it.

I do wonder how many people actually got so far as being in front of a judge. From what I understand, most of us, myself included, don't want to risk being denied and never even apply. I know many PDs talk people out of applying.
Jeff
NRA Life Member

#36 Walt of Destiny

Walt of Destiny
  • LocationOn the lake, West Passiac County
  • Home Range:GFH WP

Posted 19 April 2017 - 07:16 PM

I believe the plan was sound, but not many signed up for it.

The "catch 22" is the "have you ever been denied a permit before?" question. No one wants to be first to jeopardize their mythical future NJ CCW permit.

I wonder how many out of state ccw permits there are in NJ?
Nothing to see here, move along...

Walt

#37 sota

sota
  • LocationBerkeley Heights
  • Home Range:SCFGPA

Posted 19 April 2017 - 08:23 PM

The "catch 22" is the "have you ever been denied a permit before?" question. No one wants to be first to jeopardize their mythical future NJ CCW permit.

judging by the NH thread, I'm betting quite a few.
not to mention all the people who've taken the FL and UT classes.
  • Darrenf likes this

You really need to re-think what you're saying when mipafox is making more sense than you are

#38 Twospot

Twospot
  • LocationToms River

Posted 20 April 2017 - 12:05 PM

Forget just mythical NJ CCW permit, this is asked on the normal NICS form (whatever Form number it is you all always refer to it as). Who the hell would want to mark that box? I agree with you using the word "mythical". I'll continue to support the organizations fighting for 2A, but there is no way we will see much change in this state. I'll apply for a NH permit just so I can bring my guns to PA and not worry about an issue there. I can hit the range a mile away on lunch and shoot. It's been so long this state has dealt with this. I just don't see a huge shift.

Back on the OP. This guy is an idiot (not the OP himself, but this Rob dude). Almost like he knows the result and will get off on people getting screwed based on his recommendation.

Eddie
Member: NJ2AS//ANJRPC//NRA//SAF
“Arms in the hands of individual citizens may be used at individual discretion in private self-defense.” -John Adams

#39 SuRrEaLNJ

SuRrEaLNJ
  • LocationNew Milford
  • Home Range:RTSP/GFH

Posted 20 April 2017 - 03:46 PM

I remember a while back the NJ2AS was trying to get a large group to apply for permits to carry and see what happens. The idea was that most if not all would be denied at that could be the basis for a lawsuit. Don't know what ever became of it.

I do wonder how many people actually got so far as being in front of a judge. From what I understand, most of us, myself included, don't want to risk being denied and never even apply. I know many PDs talk people out of applying.

I had gotten all the paperwork to do it when they anounced it, was advised by my LEO, the one i trust for pretymuch everything i need, not a random officer, (hell hes offered to come in on his day off to help me out when our schedules dont sync) not to do it, NJ2AS didnt really seem to be going anywhere with it, so i didnt go through with the application. im going to assume a lot of people were in a similar boat

NRA Life member

NJ2AS Member

CNJFO Member

#40 Darrenf

Darrenf

Posted 20 April 2017 - 03:50 PM

Back on the OP. This guy is an idiot (not the OP himself, but this Rob dude).

The jury is still out on the OP, he could be an idiot also. :)

#41 checko

checko
  • LocationSomerville, Somerset County

Posted 20 April 2017 - 09:48 PM

You know, I might just apply. I don't really care about getting more hand guns. I have to put in a change of address so maybe I'll just fill out that form too

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.

-General James Mattis

#42 Tunaman

Tunaman
  • Home Range:Woodland Park

Posted 21 April 2017 - 04:43 AM

When the time comes when/if we are able to get a carry permit,  I will use Gun For Hire.  They know more about this stuff then anyone. Dont waste your time with morons for training.

#43 High Exposure

High Exposure

Posted 21 April 2017 - 05:21 AM

1E2DECFB-818C-4D84-A465-504643C1E1EA_zps
  • Shocker and Sig226GuyNJ like this
RIP Pat, until Valhalla

WWPRD?

#44 diamondd817

diamondd817
  • LocationNear Morristown

Posted 21 April 2017 - 07:09 AM

Why would I apply when the guy I have to hand my application to says don't bother, you WILL be denied.

Is that what happened when you actually applied?

“The Second Amendment has nothing to do with hunters. Hunters use firearms. Hunters have every right to use firearms, as do target shooters, as do gun collectors, as do others. “The fact of the matter is that the Second Amendment has to do with personal and national defense. It was put into the Constitution by the founders who considered it as important indeed as the First Amendment.” ... NRA President David Keene

Member:

NRA
SAF
NJ2AS

ANJRPC   

#45 Darrenf

Darrenf

Posted 21 April 2017 - 10:07 AM

Is that what happened when you actually applied?

That's what happened when I inquired about the paperwork when I took in a P2P app.

#46 checko

checko
  • LocationSomerville, Somerset County

Posted 21 April 2017 - 11:27 AM

I just download my paperwork and fill it out are home. I am at the pd ready to go.

• Sig226GuyNJ and Darrenf like this

Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.

-General James Mattis

#47 Darrenf

Darrenf

Posted 21 April 2017 - 11:59 AM

I just download my paperwork and fill it out are home. I am at the pd ready to go.

Good luck.

#48 Twospot

Twospot
  • LocationToms River

Posted 21 April 2017 - 12:27 PM

LOL, nah man! You're smart enough to read through this bullshit, you're ok my book!! LOL.

• Darrenf likes this
Eddie
Member: NJ2AS//ANJRPC//NRA//SAF
“Arms in the hands of individual citizens may be used at individual discretion in private self-defense.” -John Adams

#49 JeffreyDV

JeffreyDV
  • LocationBergen County

Posted 21 April 2017 - 02:49 PM

I know a cop through work that does the firearms paperwork for his department. He told me they tell everyone not to bother because they will be denied. I'm certain most people stop at that point. I still wonder how many people actually got to the point where they were denied by a judge rather than just talked out of submitting their application.
Jeff
NRA Life Member

#50 Zeke

Zeke
  • LocationDown by the river
  • Home Range:Nowhere yet

Posted 21 April 2017 - 02:59 PM

My chief has said he will sign. I will be denied in court.
Thinks national carry is possible but would like persons have some training.

At this time I have no desire to waste my time. If I see a well organized and planed effort I will join and apply.
As of yet, that effort remains unseen.

#51 BobA

BobA
  • LocationCentral NJ
  • Home Range:PA

Posted 21 April 2017 - 03:58 PM

He may not be an idiot.  He's just trying to drum up business as a good capitalist would.  He's trying to take advantage of people's emotions to grow his training business.  The idiots are those who might believe his crap.  Fortunately, NJ gun owners aren't as dumb as he looks. 

#52 Zeke

Zeke
  • LocationDown by the river
  • Home Range:Nowhere yet

Posted 21 April 2017 - 05:26 PM

I got it! ^^^ he didn't
  • Darrenf likes this

#53 Ray Ray

Ray Ray
  • LocationBayonne, Hudson County
  • Home Range:Bayonne Pistol Range

Posted 22 April 2017 - 04:57 PM

I remember this and went to get the paperwork at my local PD. And they also tried to talk me out of it.
I'm thinking of doing it again, just to see what happens.
NJZED

#54 Indianajonze

Indianajonze
  • LocationNorth Jersey
  • Home Range:Various North Jersey Locales

Posted Yesterday, 08:05 PM

aren't there any pro 2a judges in any of these courts in ANY town in nj? i remember reading about a police chief in a relatively big california city who basically said their illegal laws can go to hell and she'd issue permits to whoever is eligible and applies. we need that here

• Darrenf likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users