Sign in to follow this  
Handyman

AM/FM Radio with Click on/off

Does anyone know of a cheap radio or clock/radio that has a hard "click" on off switch? I want to put one on a timer to make some noise when I am out. Every one I can find has a "soft" push button and will not come back on automatically if it loses power at the plug.

Looks like I'll have to hit garage sales. I miss the 1970s.

Get one of the old classic GE Alarm Clocks

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Classic-GE-General-Electric-FM-AM-Electronic-Digital-Alarm-Clock-Radio-7-4624B-/122451009928?hash=item1c82a62188:g:~jwAAOSwTM5Y7nBu

Though if you want it to make noise... that alarm won't shut off for forever...

I have 2 of the Sony ICF38 that dig0770 linked. Great little radio, old one had TV stations too. Has a cord that stores in the battery compartment. Take it camping, would last a weeks on AA batteries. Has on/off switch. 

If you go on Amazon and search "fake tv", there is a little box that has random colored LEDs that when directed at a window does a fine job making it look like someone is watching TV. There is an always on mode, 4 hour after dusk, and 8 hour after dusk mode. It takes a microSD which I downloaded audio of different TV shows to complete the illusion.