#1 Krdshrk

Krdshrk

Really needs to clean his guns...

• Moderators
  • 15,717 posts
  • LocationLinden
  • Home Range:SCFGPA

Posted 05 June 2011 - 08:05 PM

I took the GAPP NJ NRA AR-15 First Steps course today at Range 14. Cameron Green is an excellent instructor. He has years of experience under his belt and it shows in his teaching. The class covered a lot of ground - some things I knew and some things I just learned. The class size was also a surprise. The class only had 5 students in it, which provided an excellent almost one-on-one type environment. Cameron even stated that 5 people was more thna his usual (which is 4). His instruction style is great too - instead of saying "you're doing this wrong", he made suggestions that improved my shooting style and performance.

One of the first things Cameron did was check our rifles to make sure they were NJ legal. We then went through the rifle components, ammunition, cleaning, sighting/ballistics, etc. After a very comprehensive class instruction session, we had lunch (provided by GAPP) and then went out to the range. We sighted in our rifles and then had some target practice. We even got to take some shots at Cameron's steel target... which I was surprisingly able to plink rather well at 200 yards from a kneeling position.

Overall it was an exceptional experience and well worth the money. Plus my iron sights are now sighted in :)

I highly recommend this course (as well as any first steps course) taught by Cameron/GAPP.

-Nick
NJ ZED Sergeant - Central Squad
USPSA #TY-70447 - Class D - NROI Certified RO
IDPA #A43721 - SSP Marksman

NRA Life Member #180509681

This is gay.

I'm totally in.

#2 MrP

MrP
  • Home Range:SCFGPA

Posted 05 June 2011 - 10:32 PM

Cameron's an awesome guy, he frequently runs the SCFGPA IDPA practice nights.
Glock owners are the Mac fanatics of the gun community. Far too overenthusiastic about a mediocre product.

#3 Maksim

Maksim
  • LocationEast Windsor, NJ
  • Home Range:CJRPC Ask me to check it out.

Posted 05 June 2011 - 10:59 PM

Fantastic and great to hear. 4 students per class? Almost seems too good to be true, it really is like getting private instruction. Fantastic.

#4 GAPP

GAPP
  • LocationNew Jersey
  • Home Range:Fort Dix and SFGPA

Posted 06 June 2011 - 07:32 AM

I appreciate the review... and Im glad you enjoyed the class!!
Cameron Green
NRA Certified Instructor and CRSO
NRA Training Counselor
Certified UT CFP Instructor
Owner/operator G.A.P.P.
www.gappnj.com

#5 L848

L848

Posted 07 July 2011 - 10:43 PM

I'll sign up as soon as another class opens

#6 GAPP

GAPP
  • LocationNew Jersey
  • Home Range:Fort Dix and SFGPA

Posted 09 July 2011 - 11:40 AM

I just put another course on my site... August 7 at Fort Dix.
Cameron Green
NRA Certified Instructor and CRSO
NRA Training Counselor
Certified UT CFP Instructor
Owner/operator G.A.P.P.
www.gappnj.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users