Jump to content

EdF

Premier Member
  • Content Count

    356
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    3
  • Feedback

    100%

Posts posted by EdF


  1. 9 hours ago, High Exposure said:

    GUN STORE EMPLOYEES ARE NOT PAID OR TRAINED TO GIVE YOU LEGAL ADVICE!!

    I have never asked a gas station attendant about traffic laws.

    23 minutes ago, Mr.Stu said:

    the cops must assume that the permit does not exist until you prove that it does.

    I would expect that, since the police ISSUE the FID card, they can easily verify its existence with the nice laptop in their cruzier.

    • Agree 1

  2. I'm looking at one of these on GunBroker . . . With a barrel swap, you can shoot .22TCM or 9mm.  I only see 17 round double stack magazines for these.  Does anyone know if they can be blocked to 10 rounds for NJ compliance?

    By the way . . . Prices seem to have come down to about .40/rnd.

    Thanks . . . 


  3. Yes . . . It has always been the case that you are supposed to report the "fair market value" of stolen goods.  Not the price tag.

    No . . . You can't deduct the costs of carrying on illegal activities.  Illegal income is reported on a Schedule 1.  Costs would have to be carried on a Schedule C which is only for "legitimate business".  This is why criminal enterprises often run legit businesses like car washes and auto repair shops.  Their expenses can be buried in in the costs of running those businesses.  

    No . . . They don't think that people are going to report these activities.  But, the put the reminder out there because they CAN add those charges to others and, for example, if CA doesn't want to prosecute thefts of under $950, the Federal government can still charge those thefts as tax evasion.  

    • Informative 1

  4. On 12/17/2021 at 4:22 PM, LennonGuy said:

    When I filed for my purchase permits recently, I made a mistake and listed the seller instead of the FLL as the "transferor".

    Since when does a purchase permit list the FFL?  Are you sure that your doing the right paperwork? 


  5. What you CAN do depends on what you WANT to do . . . I wouldn't tolerate the treatment for a P2P.  You've already been vetted and you will be vetted again with your NICS check once you get the permit.  The chief is just sitting on your permit.  There's no reason.

    Contact the mayor . . . A friendly member of council anyone else that you like.  If we keep putting up with this crap we will continue to get more of it.

    • Like 1

  6. As noted, it's a standard engineering issue of "how much, how often" . . . I had a BMW 530 that would ping with anything less than 93 octane gas.  If one of my kids put a tank of regular in it, the pistons didn't burn right through.  I'd start topping the tank off with some premium until the pinging stopped.  There was never any damage done.  

    At the same time, I just don't see any reason for +P much less +P+ . . . My father gave me a bucket of .38SP a year ago and I unloaded all of the +P rounds but I was putting them through an old Colt revolver.


  7. I once read that the average police involved shootout took place at less than 10 feet, 30 rounds were fired and no one was injured.  That was when one side was an LEO!

    In Blackwood, NJ, police of all levels (city and state) fired 130 rounds into a bank where a suspect was hold up.  They hit him once in the ass.

    It's really hard to shoot under pressure but this shows that if you can bear down and concentrate for just a few seconds, you can come out on top in the battle.


  8. Once again, he tosses out the "85% of seized guns come from out of state" which simply proves that his laws are not working because criminals don't care about them.  But, what of the other 15%?  How many are purchased legally here?  How many are the result of straw purchases?  How many are stolen?

    How do ten round magazine limits make me safer?  How does not having an adjustable stock on an AR (or other gun) make me safer?  Why is a welded compensator safer than one that is simply screwed on with some LockTite?

    These are the questions that need to be asked of our governor and our legislature.

×
×
  • Create New...