So let me give you a little background about why I said what I said. I live in Hudson County, NJ - One of the most corrupt, destitute counties in NJ if not the entire north east. Every elected politician ranging from the 32nd Leg. district to the mayor offices all the way to the county positions are all Democrat. Not one of the elected officials could give a rats ass about preserving our constitutional rights, especially the second amendment. All they care about is a fat check and staying in power. I had to jump through hoops with the NJ2AS and threaten the mayor of my town and the captain of the police in a city hall meeting with a lawsuit if they did not follow state statutes. That made me a target and to this day I get followed once in a while around the town by a black ford explorer, police package and all, but I got my pistol permits. But that moment put something in perspective for me. Life is too short to be unhappy and if something makes you unhappy change it. You know what would make me happy:
ENJOYING A CONSTITUTIONALLY GUARANTEED RIGHT
In NJ to do that we would have to reset the system to the beginning because over decades of degeneration we have let it come to what it is now. I'm a younger gentleman and I wasn't able to vote when all the brouhaha went down in the annals of history so it is not my fault but it is also not my mess to fix. Tying back in the "change it" part of the aforementioned paragraph, individuals have devoted life's work in NJ to try and change the system but nothing has changed, it has only gotten worse. I feel bad for those individuals that have stuck through this nightmare and it is borderline insanity. Doing the same thing over and over again (fighting the dems) and expecting a different outcome but things remain the same. So I'd like to bring a quote from this thread into play now.
This is the 100% correct answer and here is why:
WE ARE THE MINORITY, NOTHING HERE WILL EVER CHANGE AND NJ IS A LOST CAUSE.
You can't just magically import people that think like us into the state and force a change. For every one person you convert to a 2A supporter, ten illegal immigrants got a green card and then became citizens and then are allowed to vote. You know who they vote for, the politicians who harbored them in Hudson County with my tax dollars. Ultimate slap in the face. For every two people you convert to a 2A supportor a dindu is given a hand out so that vote keeps showing up as blue. Once you come to terms with this you will get the hell out like everyone else. NJ is collapsing under it's own corruption and political greed. This is the status-quo, no NJ gun laws will change. It's sad but that is reality. So I will continue to donate to the NJ2AS hoping they keep up the good fight but come July 1st when my lease is up, I am out of here. I've been evaluating jobs in Florida but decided that state is out of question because too many arse holes from NJ and NY are moving there and ruining it. I've been evaluating jobs in NC/SC area but it still gets too cold there for my liking. I've recently been in contact with another subsidiary of my organization and they are looking forward to me officially putting in the paperwork and transferring, that would put me on the outskirts of Austin, TX with a nice home, tons of land and still working for a fortune ten company in the land of the free where taxes are minimal and I can have pretty much any weapon I want, I've been saving money for tax stamps to buy cool things. I even have an application in with Uncle Sam to serve my country if that falls through, but I can tell you now, seeing the rest of the world is better than living in NJ and I would never rotate back here once leaving the service. You may think of this as a defeatist attitude but it is not. It is a rational conclusion based on the political direction of this state, The tax situation which continually gets worse and the down right disgusting attitude of 90% of the people that live in NJ. I'd say that the other 10% are members of this forums and I enjoyed my time here and the joking and the knowledge and the camaraderie.
I applaud you on your journey to try and make a difference but just like I stated before, people have devoted life's work to try and make a change in NJ and have wasted precious years. I will not and I hope you make the decision to pursue relocating as well.
best of luck to you