Jump to content

Matthew Lutz

  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Feedback


Community Reputation

42 Excellent

About Matthew Lutz

  • Rank
    NJGF Member

Recent Profile Visitors

1,045 profile views
  1. Location: Millville (Cumberland County) Asking $350 OBO Looking to sell my Ruger PC Carbine chambered in 9mm. Comes with both the Glock and Ruger mag well inserts. The front sling stud is a bit chewed up but perfectly functional. This is bc I removed it at one point and it was so tight that I needed to use pliers. Otherwise, this is in mint condition. Unfortunately, unless you're an LEO, I'll have to sell it to you without a magazine. All my magazines are 15 or 17 rounds. Asking $350 OBO. Will meet you halfway at the FFL of your choice. Alternatively, if you're a LEO, we can do a person to person transaction.
  2. Location: Millville (Cumberland County) Asking $150 OBO Looking to sell my H&R Pardner Pump 12 gauge. I bought this a few years ago as a project gun, but never fired it. Comes as you see here with Hogue forend and buttstock, as well as a tacstar 6 shot side saddle. Asking $150 OBO. Will meet you halfway at the FFL of your choice. Alternatively, if you're a LEO we can do a person to person transaction.
  3. Ok. So THIS seems to answer the question in the original post. Thanks!
  4. Thats if you are selling to a party who LIVES in another state. In the example above, both the seller and purchaser reside in the same state. There is no federal regulation that I'm aware of that specifies that two residents of the same state must conduct the transaction in their home state.
  5. So the thought dawned on me today... what if two private parties, both of whom live in NJ, decide to drive to PA or DE to do a P2P transaction? It seems to be something of a grey area in terms of whether or not it is legal, Federally. NJ law would not apply as they have no jurisdiction in PA or DE. The Federal regulation reads as follows (link below): "An unlicensed individual may transfer a firearm to another unlicensed individual residing in the same State, provided that he or she has no reason to believe the buyer is prohibited by law from possessing firearms." In the example above, both parties reside in the same state. Its just that the transaction is taking place in a different state. As far as I'm aware, there is no federal regulation that explicitly states that two residents of one state may not conduct the transaction in a different state. I suppose there might be a PA (or DE) law that prohibits this sort of thing, but if there is, I'm not aware of it. You would certainly be wise to go out of your way to prove that the transaction took place in PA through video or photo documentation, just in case it ever becomes an issue. This is probably one of those things that nobody would ever be brave enough to test, but I kind of wish someone would bc I think you'd have a sound legal argument.
  6. I have the first gen and I am unable to actuate the slide using the slide stop/release without applying extreme force with two fingers.
  7. Definitely illegal. Police departments are NOT allowed to require their own forms/requirements. As multiple people have said, he needs to contact the ANJRPC.
  8. Also, as to the Mental Health records search, they ONLY check mental health records at hospitals/inpatient facilities if you indicate you have been treated at one of those places. They also ALWAYS check with the county clerks office to see if you have been committed to an institution on an INVOLUNTARY basis. If you indicate that you saw a doctor or shrink for counseling they don't even contact them.
  9. EVERY time I have ever applied for a pistol permit, regardless of the last time I applied for one, I have needed 1, 2, 4, 5, and 7. If his town is requiring the other things on the list, he should challenge it. They're not allowed to require more than what the NJSP requires. All the forms that are required are available here: https://www.njsp.org/firearms/forms.shtml. The NJSP background check request is done online now, though. You request and pay for it online ($20) and bring the receipt to the municipality.
  10. I'm an AK guy, so can't speak specifically to the AR platform. But I've recently discovered that high temp brake grease works wonders on an AK. I wouldn't be surprised if the same is true for an AR but, again, I don't know all that much about them.
  11. If I understand this new AG directive correctly, its really not that big a deal. We run a trace on every crime gun recovered anyway. At least... we're supposed to. It doesn't ALWAYS happen, but thats another matter entirely. The ATF has a website called etrace that facilitates this pretty well. Most LE agencies in other states can set up their own account through etrace and run the traces themselves. Of course, in NJ, we're supposed to run them through "NJTRACE", which basically sends the info to the state police, who then runs the gun through etrace. This is an unnecessary step, IMO, and it just slows things down. But thats NJSP for you. Anyway, every LE agency that has an etrace account can "opt in" to allow other LE agencies to view the results of traces ran by their agency. Most agencies in NJ didn't know that you could do this because, again, everything has to be run through the NJSP. This just makes it mandatory for agencies to share the results. Most LE agencies in other states do this anyway. All the ATF does is trace the serial# back to the original purchaser of the gun. The response is a one page summary listing the original dealer, the purchaser, the make, manufacturer, and importer of the firearm. Thats it. It doesn't really amount to much if the gun was sold privately umpteen times since the original purchase. As for them using the data to "shame" other states... go right ahead. If Murphy thinks that the governor of Georgia/Texas/Tennessee gives two sh*ts what some Massachusetts millionaire thinks about pretty much anything, he can keep on dreaming.
  • Create New...