Painless

McRib.... it's coming!

The McRib comes back on December 2.

McDonald's McRib is coming back. And this time, it's going nationwide.

For the first time in nearly a decade, the fast food chain is making the fan-favorite sandwich available at all of its 14,400 US restaurants when it hits menus on December 2. In previous years, the  McRib was only sold at some locations, which sparked excitement and subsequent long lines — a no-no in this time of social distancing.
Described as "saucy, tangy, tender and shamelessly delicious," the McRib first appeared on menus nearly 40 years ago. The sandwich is a boneless pork patty, shaped like a rack of ribs and smothered in barbecue sauce. 

So I, for one, cannot wait.  One of my few guilty pleasures.
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, 1LtCAP said:

i'll bet it's plant based. not real meat.

1 hour ago, Displaced Texan said:

I don’t think it was real meat to begin with! :p

Ha... I was going to say that last night, but didn't want to get blackballed. Did it ever have meat in it originally? 

Asking for a friend...  :sarcastic:

3 hours ago, Displaced Texan said:

I don’t think it was real meat to begin with! :p

I think it contains the snouts and tails considered too low-grade to make the quality control cut for Spam.

You'd be surprised of the meat misadventures people can get into. I recall one case where a local small town butcher was doing a terrible job of removing all the thyroid tissue from their cuts and everyone in the town was going hyperthyroid from eating ground beef. 

22 minutes ago, JT Custom Guns said:

It won't be the same. You're using real meat...........

The ‘ McTex’ (tm) begins...

Rubbed down with ‘Dillo Dust’. I may sous vide it, and then finish it on the grill (for those lovely grill marks). Sauce it, let the sauce caramelize a bit, then serve it. 

Hmmmm....

B8AB32E5-362D-4EFA-8940-B961EEFDFAC7.jpeg

Whether you are a fan of the McRib or not, here is an interesting video on the history of who developed it, why and how McDonalds chose to market it the way they do, why they seem to randomly make it available in different places at different times, and probably an answer to one of the more controversial questions, what is it made of.  I personally don't like the sandwich but as a business decision, it is a nice move.

19 minutes ago, Grapeshot said:

That there is one of those fancy French names for a crock pot. 

Ha!!!!

Funny story...but almost NOT a funny story. 

I had set up my sous vide cooker and had just dropped the pouch in the water bath. The temperature of the cooker started rapidly rising. I was looking through the manual for the damn thing, figuring I did something wrong, when I saw the heating element inside glow BRIGHT red and then burst into flames!!!

Thankfully I was standing right next to it, and unplugged it. I tossed it into the sink and hosed it down with water. 

Scared the crap out of me!! For the record, it was one of these. 

4852FB70-D729-4765-BE7B-AD8F78A1E74B.jpeg