Fishypete

Recoil Range Experiences Anyone?

No experience yet, but have been monitoring progress for years. Pictures they posted online seem very nice.

a range with no gun or ammo sales. 
how is that going to work?

Well I went this morning. Very friendly staff, waivers on tablets take a few minutes, and purchased some targets. 37 bucks for two of us. We got there around 9am and plenty of lanes open. Shelf below lane to keep your bag. Controls are cool as you can set them to move to various distances and turn during a sequence. Even have flashing lights if you want them. RSO showed us how to use it but we just stuck with the 25yds and no sequence changes. 
First time time the wife ever fired a weapon. That with a retired NYPD father and uncle and a brother who’s a local LEO. I think I created a monster. 100 plus rounds of 223 later and it was all smiles. Iron sighs only as that’s how I learned. I was shocked how well she did once she got past the initial nervousness. 
Great first experience at Recoil. 

• Like 2

@Fishypete Glad you had a nice visit.  I was there on Opening Day and did a full Photo Story for the Coalition of New Jersey Firearm Owners (CNJFO).

Hot link to CNJFO News: https://www.cnjfo.com/news/9322888

Here's my story for Black Wire Media, the Coalition's News entity:

RECOIL SHOOTING RANGE HOLDS GRAND OPENING TODAY!
NJ's NEWEST 25 YARD INDOOR RANGE OPEN 7 DAYS A WEEK!
by Black Wire Media Sat. Oct. 3, 2020 www.cnjfo.com/join-us

Recoil NJ, New Jersey's newest indoor shooting range, opened just this morning at 25 Mott Ave. Monroe Twp. (Middlesex Co.) NJ, within minutes of NJTP Exit 8A. Featuring 16 spacious 25 yard firing lanes, air conditioned & heated for your comfort, each lane has a programable target system to send & retrieve your target carrier. The range can handle up to .308 Winchester / 7.62mm NATO rifle rounds, and the entire facility is acoustically baffled, with each shooting lane protected by fully-encapsulated AR-500 steel plate for your safety.

CNJFO Vice President Dave "Rosey" Rosenthal visited this afternoon and was invited "to take a ride" on Marlboro, NJ resident Eddie Farah's Smith & Wesson .357 magnum, firing a round through the "X"-ring (see target close-up photo). Farah is seen firing in Rosey's photo. The Coalition gave these images to Recoil NJ to use as they see fit, so you may see them on the Range's Facebook & website soon 1f642.png:)

This family-owned & operated business is open 7 days a week, and offers both hourly lane rentals for walk-ins and an annual membership, with first responder & senior discounts (see photo of price list). The range will be supplying some swag for upcoming Coalition outings, and CNJFO brochures & business cards are proudly displayed on their counter, so be sure to pick one up when you visit and/or join!

At present there are no gun or ammo sales or rentals, so shooters must bring their own unloaded and cased firearms & ammo with them. Registration & sign-up are easily handled via a kiosk with assistance by their friendly & courteous staff. The range sells paper targets and plans on offering firearms training in the near future. For the latest info, hours, directions, etc., please visit their website: http://recoilnj.com/about-our-range/

Here's the pix I took for the story and shared with the range owners.  You'll see them on their social media:

Image may contain: one or more people and indoor

Image may contain: screen, text that says '3.0 Yards XWT Lane Control 5.0 Yards Face Left Edge Version2.9.0(4.0.1.3) Current Target Distance 0.7 25 Face Right 7.0 Yards Away From Shooter Yards 10.0 Yards Towards Shooter Current Orientation 20.0 Yards Carrier Home 25.0 Yards Stop Time Remaining 00:42:34 Light Level Scenario Advanced Panel 94% Meggitt Training Systems NoChargi'

Image may contain: indoor

No photo description available.

Image may contain: one or more people and phone

Image may contain: one or more people and closeup, text that says 'RECOH SHOOTING RANGE RANGE Rosey CNJFO COALITION FIREARM UERSEY OF NEW JERSEY OWNERS'

Image may contain: 1 person, sitting and phone

Image may contain: one or more people and people standing

Image may contain: text that says 'ENPLOTEES RECOL RANGE SHOOTING Memberships Annual First Responder Military Senior (Weekday Oly) Monthly Family Add On (Annual Only) Additional Guest RECOIL EcO!! $299 $279 $239 $35 $65 $10/hr/guest 25MottAvenue 08831 $22/hr $11/hr /guest Hourly Rate Guest Rental Hourly AdditionalGuest Additional'

NJ's newest indoor range!  Hope everyone likes the story!

Rosey, VP

Coalition of New Jersey Firearm Owners

To JOIN the Coalition:  https://www.cnjfo.com/join-us

On 11/22/2020 at 5:44 PM, Fishypete said:

First time time the wife ever fired a weapon. That with a retired NYPD father and uncle and a brother who’s a local LEO.

Jaw drop.

I went there yesterday for the first time for a shotgun course.  It actually was my first time ever firing a gun.  Since it's indoors, only buckshot and slugs are allowed, with only slugs allowed on the two outermost lanes.  iirc targets can be placed anywhere between 5 and 40 yards away.  I don't have a membership but the rates are more reasonable than at Union Hill Gun Club, the other range in Monroe, plus they have monthly memberships, hourly lane rentals, and allow guests.  However, they don't rent guns nor sell ammo.  The employees are nice, the lobby is spacious, and the bathrooms and the whole place overall are clean.

It's less than 10 minutes from my house so I'll be back!