gleninjersey

GOOD LESSER KNOWN SITES TO ORDER AMMO FROM

Due to most of the "usual" sites (TargetUSA, Palmetto State Armory, Cabelas/Bass Pro Freedom Munitions, etc),  used to order ammo being out of stock, what are some lesser known sites you have ordered from that you have been happy with.  

I'm hesitant to order sites that I've never used or heard of before.  I'm sure others are the same. 

So perhaps creating a list of lesser known sites used successfully by others could be a good idea.  

I've used Glen's Aremy Navy (prob 2-3 years ago) and was very happy:

https://www.glensoutdoors.com/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

https://www.simmonssportinggoods.com/

https://www.natchezss.com/

Those two I ordered from recently. If you are on reddit check out r/gundeals, r/instockammo and r/njguns also.

You can always try the lgs too.

19 minutes ago, JohnnyB said:

THIS IS NUTS!  On Natchez site!

Lapua X-ACT Rimfire Ammunition .22 LR 40gr LRN 1073 fps 50/ct

Price: $28.49 ($0.57 / count)

Availability: In stock

I'm not sure what that was selling for 6 months ago, but there are a few top-end .22 match rounds that cost around $20 for a box of 50 in the very best of times.    In past shortages, the expensive stuff goes up in price very little; it's the cheap .22 ammo that doubles or triples in cost.  Though that's not much consolation if you don't need the high-end ammo.

• Like 1

Ammo.com and bulkammo.com both currently (on the day of this posting) have a variety of rifle and handgun ammo calibers in stock in both bulk cases (100's or 1,000's) and individual boxes of 20 or 50.  I have purchased from them in the past, though Target Sports is my #1 choice.  Both these sites have the option to over-box your ammo shipment so its just a plain brown box.  

Beware:  These two sites have prices that reflect the current demand.  Depending on what you are looking for, you may see what you want at a price you are going to walk away from.  I'm not recommending them based on current price, I'm listing them because of variety of ammo, ammo availability, shipping reliability and satisfaction with past purchases.       

www.ammo.com

www.bulkammo.com

3 hours ago, 10X said:

In past shortages, the expensive stuff goes up in price very little;

Back in '14 a bunch of guys were talking about buying the premium stuff, green tag and other match grade ammo.  They said if they have to pay that much, they ought to at least get some value out of it.  It was kind of a good excuse to try expensive ammo that one normally would not buy because of the premium price.