45Doll

S&W Model 19 Combat Magnum

That was my wife's first handgun in 1979. A friend who shot police competition did a very minor trigger job on it and it shoots like a champ. It's a keeper.

This article is mainly about the Classic 19 S&W introduced 39 years later in 2018, and comparisons between the two.  But it also brought back some appreciation for the original.

• Like 1

My 19-4 in 6" with target hammer and trigger was my first .357mag back in 1980 and is my only remaining Model 19

I had a 19-3 in 4" that I gave to my late brother, but it now lives with his son-in-law in AZ

My Model 66's (a -3 in 2.5", a -5 in 4" and their big cousin, a 686-6+ in 3") are my only other .357 mag revolvers.

I also have a few in .22, .45acp and .45 Colt.

I really like my Smith revolvers! You can keep the tranny-made Taurus copies.

Hmmmm.......... I have to dig out the Model 15 or Model 19 buried in a safe. Bought it LNIB year ago, never shot it, barely a turn line on the cylinder. I have plenty of other revolvers to use, so this one just gets to rest............ (Yes, ALL S&W!)

Oooops........ I do have one other, a Ruger 30 Carbine SA only which I HATE, but there are only a few handguns made for 30 Carbine (I was given a few cases of it years ago) and the AMT Semi Auto was hard to find and too much $$$$$.