Kevin125

Practiscore Passwords Hacked

If you use or have ever used Practiscore, you password there has been compromised.  I don’t know when this happened or if this is old news, but Google and Apple report that Practiscore passwords and registered email addresses have been found on web sites where hacks are reported.

So if you have an account at Practiscore, you should change the password.  More importantly, if you use that or a similar password anywhere else, you should change those passwords.

And as a tip... don’t use the same passwords all over the place. Use Dashlane or some other password keeper.

Chrome and I believe Safari can check if any passwords you save in your browser have been compromised.  Its a useful feature.  Best to assume its an accurate report/warning and change what it tells you about.

1 hour ago, Kevin125 said:

Chrome and I believe Safari can check if any passwords you save in your browser have been compromised.  Its a useful feature.  Best to assume its an accurate report/warning and change what it tells you about.

How is it enabled in Chrome?

17 minutes ago, AlDente67 said:

How is it enabled in Chrome?

first.... you have to have Chrome logged into your Google account.  

Then...click the three dots at the upper right.

Then click Settings...

Then... Under Privacy and Security.

...Safety Check box...”Check Now”

it will tell you if you are not logged in for the Passwords check.

As far as I can tell..  Firefox does not have this feature yet.  I am told Safari does...but I haven’t used it there.