Kevin125

The Expanse.. Season 5 starts Dec 16th

8 hours ago, High Exposure said:

Lol!!

She says she knows she is not a monster because monsters aren’t afraid, and she’s afraid all the time.

Amos has said that he never feels fear.

That hit him like a freight train.

Holden would never have approved that op.  I need to get back to my crew. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, voyager9 said:

The other great scene was Drummer / Filip. 

Drummer:  Is there anything you’d like for me to tell your mother when I see her?

Filip:  No, I can tell her myse...er..No, Thank you.  

Marco:  Glares. 

She baited him so hard there.  She's got brains.

Current season was my least favorite.  Still decent.  Final episode was good.

Now HOW LONG do we have to wait for the sixth, and final, season??

WTH do I watch in the mean time?  When is the next season of Bosch out on Prime?  Jack Ryan?  

FML.....and I just found out the next season of Bosch will also be the last season and reading Jack Ryan season 3 may not be until 2022!??

https://deadline.com/2020/02/bosch-renewed-7th-final-season-amazon-1202859488/

“Gangs of London” on AMC+, and “Peaky Blinders” on Netflix we’re both pretty awesome

Also, “Without Remorse” (my 2nd favorite Clancy book - first is “Red Storm Rising”) is being made as an Amazon series. I always wanted to see them make this into a movie followed by a Rainbow 6 movie.  Not sure in the release date though.

For those unfamiliar, “Without Remorse” it is the backstory for Mr Clark, a prominent character in the Jack Ryan series. They cast Michael B Jordan as Clark.

• Informative 1

7 hours ago, High Exposure said:

“Gangs of London” on AMC+, and “Peaky Blinders” on Netflix we’re both pretty awesome

Also, “Without Remorse” (my 2nd favorite Clancy book - first is “Red Storm Rising”) is being made as an Amazon series. I always wanted to see them make this into a movie followed by a Rainbow 6 movie.  Not sure in the release date though.

For those unfamiliar, “Without Remorse” it is the backstory for Mr Clark, a prominent character in the Jack Ryan series. They cast Michael B Jordan as Clark.

I hadn’t heard about Without Remorse. I hope that it’s better than most Clancy adaptations.  Jim Ryan is good on prime but that’s hardly an adaptation, just the two characters.   Other than that the only good Clancy movie is Red October.   Red Storm Rising is also my favorite.  That and playing Harpoon as a kid is probably what got me into my current line of work.  

As far as series go, when do Dune and Foundation come out?  Those both look good. 

On 2/6/2021 at 10:57 PM, High Exposure said:

Whenever I picture the John Clark character from Clancy's books I think of William Defoe who played Clark in the book Clear and Present Danger.

Thanks for the recommendation on "The Expanse" just finished book 8 which I think is the last one and really enjoyed it. The Amazon/SciFi series is pretty awesome too.

3 hours ago, beachwhistle said:

Whenever I picture the John Clark character from Clancy's books I think of William Defoe who played Clark in the book Clear and Present Danger.

Thanks for the recommendation on "The Expanse" just finished book 8 which I think is the last one and really enjoyed it. The Amazon/SciFi series is pretty awesome too.

In the books Clark was a big intimidating guy. I thought Liev Schreiber in SoaF was a better casting choice, even though the movie was worse.

5 hours ago, beachwhistle said:

I'm in the same boat.  Harrison Ford is Jack Ryan.  Willem Dafoe is Clark.  James Earl Jones is Greer.

I’m kinda pissed it’s only 6 episodes.  They’d better be 2 hours long.   Then again a lot of the key plot lines of book 6 started in season 5.  Still hard to have a stellar final season when it’s so short (looking at you, GoT).  

edit:  Strange Dogs!

On 11/18/2021 at 8:09 PM, High Exposure said:

I thought there were going to be 2 more seasons. They have a lot to wrap up….

I was hoping for more than just season 6 but I hadn’t seen anything specific talking about how many they had planned.

Seems like they could do a spin off of sorts that that’s place in the time gap in the series.  If the series is making money, why not do it?  But thats always the issue.

Or...if Bezo’s still likes it...he can do as many seasons as he likes, just because he wants to.  Hell..if I were him...I’d do it.  Bar change for him.

On 11/18/2021 at 8:09 PM, High Exposure said:

I thought there were going to be 2 more seasons. They have a lot to wrap up….

Season 6 is only covering book 6 and maybe hints at Laconia (ala Strange Dogs).  
The writers have been coy about what comes next but many believe tackling the last three books as movies is in play.