Sota

NJ MVC/DMV vehicle inspection...

20 minutes ago, Sota said:

Yeah but that's a different style of sticker. That one they can put the numbers on period the other stickers have the year printed on them as part of the sticker, and they only add the month.

I'm not sure what the process is, but they back dated the shit outta mine that was a year expired. 

1 hour ago, JackDaWack said:

I'm not sure what the process is, but they back dated the shit outta mine that was a year expired. 

Took my car I had left at my daughter's in CO for 9 years and they back dated it to the month the registration was renewed.  Only 3 months.

1 hour ago, JackDaWack said:

I went two weeks ago, mine expired back in March. They put a March 2022 sticker on it.

1 hour ago, CMJeepster said:

Flemington or Baker's Basin?  I need to get the Cobra inspected.

I was in and out in about 15 minutes at Bakers Basin about two weeks ago. There were only about four cars there the whole time I was there.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

• Thanks 1

Check the wait times with the cameras online before you go.

Some inspection stations may be too busy or appointment only:

https://www.state.nj.us/mvc/locations/facilitystatus.htm

Cameras:

http://pweb.nj-cleanair.com/waitqueue/pages/facility/home.jsf

43 minutes ago, Pizza Bob said:

I was in and out in about 15 minutes at Bakers Basin about two weeks ago.

I drove right up to the bay when I went at Manahawkin. One secret, go in the middle of the month, not the end or beginning. Don't want to be mixed in with the procrastinators..

8 minutes ago, Krdshrk said:

Check the wait times with the cameras online before you go.

Cameras:

http://pweb.nj-cleanair.com/waitqueue/pages/facility/home.jsf

That's a great place to check, right before you leave, although it can change at any time.

Sorry. Yeah.  My wife never renewed my registration.   Before I left I checked my insurance and registration.  Yup.  Expired in November.  So needless to say.  I did not go.  Sorry     Jeepster.   Always flemington.  Flashbacks of the nightmares of bakers basin lines from the 90’s stops me from going there.  

5 hours ago, Sota said:

Yeah but that's a different style of sticker. That one they can put the numbers on period the other stickers have the year printed on them as part of the sticker, and they only add the month.

They are completely printed now, at least the renewals. 

1 hour ago, Golf battery said:

My wife never renewed my registration.     Flashbacks of the nightmares of bakers basin lines from the 90’s stops me from going there.  

Better get that registration renewed.  It not like like years ago where they had to run plate #'s manually. 

Now the cops have license plate readers on the cars and can tow the vehicle right out from under you for expired registration plus a big fine.

1 hour ago, Golf battery said:

.  Flashbacks of the nightmares of bakers basin lines from the 90’s stops me from going there.  

Whew, don't get me started on the hassles of yearly vehicle inspections.

That was one of the best things Christie did by going to two year intervals and getting rid of the safety inspection BS.

As a teenager I'd would have to go to GI auto salvage on a hot sunny day and peel off a valid inspection sticker on one the junkers then slap it on my car. 

Can't do that anymore, the stickers fall apart if you try to remove them. 

18 hours ago, Pizza Bob said:

I was in and out in about 15 minutes at Bakers Basin about two weeks ago. There were only about four cars there the whole time I was there.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

Cool.  Not sure I have time to dig the Cobra out and get over there today.  Tomorrow ain't gonna happen with the weather rolling in.  Oh well...

After checking the webcam, I ran over to the Wayne site at lunchtime to have my inspection renewed.  Only one car ahead of me. Still took about 25 minutes on site--they have a team of remarkably uninspired workers standing around there.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 10X said:

After checking the webcam, I ran over to the Wayne site at lunchtime to have my inspection renewed.  Only one car ahead of me. Still took about 25 minutes on site--they have a team of remarkably uninspired workers standing around there.

That is the nicest way I have seen to describe DMV/government workers. Kudos to you sir.

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, Sota said:

but did they have 2023 stickers yet?

I didn't think to ask, and there was a language barrier as well.  Lotsa pointing, not much speaking.   The 2022 sticker I got was what I was expecting.

1 hour ago, Sota said:

because stickers are 2 years out from date of inspection.

and you can go up to 2 months before your inspection month.

therefore 2023 stickers are supposed to be available in november of 2020.

Makes sense.  Though I suspect the number of people taking their cars in two months early for inspection is really really really REALLY low, so it's not a high priority for them.

1 hour ago, 10X said:

Makes sense.  Though I suspect the number of people taking their cars in two months early for inspection is really really really REALLY low, so it's not a high priority for them.

I guess. I'm just trying to avoid having to go in february with 6' of snow on the ground, which is how it will work for me.