gleninjersey

2020 PA DOE HUNT

Didnt see anything during PA Buck regular firearms week.  Plus only had a day and a half to hunt.

Luckily got a doe tag.  Unlike NJ doe tags are limited by county and are frst come, first served.  Once they are sold out that's it.  

Only had one day to fill doe tag.  Wasn't looking promising.  Sat from 5:30 - 11:30 without seeing a thing.  Took a lunch break to eat and the sat again starting around 1pm.  Again nothing was moving at all.

Was about to give up hope and thought it would be another wash.  Then about 15 minutes before it would be too dark to shoot any more something moved VERY close on my left. 

A doe came from behind and on my left.  She couldn't have been 25 feet or so away.  I remained perfectly still as she had turned and was looking directly at me in my ground blind.  Finally she moved a bit further away and turned presenting me with a nice shot 

I fired, she jumped and ran.  Through the scope I saw the impact of the bullet and knew it was a solid hit.  I mean it couldn't have been much more than 50 feet! 

She ran about 50 - 75 yards and that was it. 

Great end to a very long day!

20201206_130520.jpg

• Like 4
  • Agree 1