jm1827

Exercise Bike???

My wife wants an exercise bike for Christmas, she mentioned two, a Peloton and Nordic Track.  Does anyone have any experience with either?  Or are there others you would recommend?  Also where can you buy them, I don't want to support Dicks!

Thanks, any info you would be welcomed since I don't know anything about them.

1 hour ago, jm1827 said:

Also where can you buy them,

There were a ton sold earlier in the year when people were locked at home with the Covid crap. Did you check Craigslist to see if people are ready to offload them?

Several friends have the peloton bikes and love them.  Built solid and now include a bunch of off bike work out likes weights, yoga and stretching.  The bike + is the same bike with just the rotating monitor.  Everything else is the same.   Biggest issue is delivery time. Currently like 10weeks out.  

Another option is the eschelon bikes.  Same build but about 2/3 the price.

im seriously looking at them for myself.  If you go down the used bike road, just be mindful the bikes are big and heavy will cost a few bucks to move.  For the 2-300 you’ll save it might be easier to get it new

I have a Schwinn 170 upright bike that works well for us.  I also have a Sunny Health &  Fitness SF-B1002C stationary road bike that I use.  I added a Cat Eye speed monitor to it to manage pace.  As far as modest budget exercise bikes, these worked out pretty good for us.  Have the Sunny for 3 years and the Schwinn for 2.  No issues with either.  The Sunny road bike is more complicated to get set up and use.

I just don’t want the hyper expensive Peloton deal.  If thats something that gets you or your wife on the bike regularly, then it could be worth it.  But I just watch either road bike DVDs from Global Rides to have some sort of structured workout or I’ll just watch 35 minute outdoor moto’s from the AMA motocross Nationals or something else that motivates me for 30 minutes to an hour.

We have a Peloton and love it . . . My girlfriend is on it seven days a week and does weight and yoga and other workouts on the app which she is at the office gym.  

I'm a former road racing cyclist and this is a great bike.  The price didn't scare me because there are $10K racing bikes!  The built is rock solid.  I would like to have some for/aft adjustability on the handle bars because of my long upper body but it still fits well.  The instructors are very good and include some current and former professional cyclists but YOU still control just how hard YOUR workout is.  

We financed ours at $60/mo for three years.  The subscription is $40/mo.    

On 12/9/2020 at 2:25 PM, EdF said:

We have a Peloton and love it . . . My girlfriend is on it seven days a week and does weight and yoga and other workouts on the app which she is at the office gym.  

I'm a former road racing cyclist and this is a great bike.  The price didn't scare me because there are $10K racing bikes!  The built is rock solid.  I would like to have some for/aft adjustability on the handle bars because of my long upper body but it still fits well.  The instructors are very good and include some current and former professional cyclists but YOU still control just how hard YOUR workout is.  

We financed ours at $60/mo for three years.  The subscription is $40/mo.    

Thanks!