JJames

Delays in getting FID and pistol permits

40 minutes ago, RegRasc1 said:

Divine intervention?  A christmas miracle?  Whatever who cares...just got an email from the NJ portal that my p2p was approved.  Can you approve my fiancees fid now?

The issue is the local Pd mine is overwhelmed,  i was approved in 3 days through the portal. In total im probably looking at 4 months.

41 minutes ago, RegRasc1 said:

Divine intervention?  A christmas miracle?  Whatever who cares...just got an email from the NJ portal that my p2p was approved.  Can you approve my fiancees fid now?

Good luck i had the portal approval from state in 3 days. But my local pd will probably take another 4 months!

On 12/12/2020 at 10:04 PM, Mikep said:

I applied on Oct 12th, was told maybe by Feb sometime!

6 hours ago, RegRasc1 said:

I got the approval from the FARS site, along with finger printing done, and I assume federal background check too, all in mere days. It’s the local PD holding up everyone’s FID and PPs. Based on all the replies, I can only guess every local PD is overwhelmed with applications. 

On 12/12/2020 at 12:02 PM, JJames said:

Yes. It’s maddening. I came from PA and it was such an easy process. The way it should be. NJ is beyond ridiculous. I’m not sure why anyone would want to live in NJ. I did grow up in NJ when it wasn’t like this. It was a great city growing up. Safe. A real great community. Everyone knew each other. Some of my greatest childhood members. Now I’m concerned stopping at certain stop signs or red lights in particular areas. What makes it worse is I can’t conceal carry. Not legally at least. I’m only in the state for a short time. Everything about the state is horrible now. Except for the tomato pie, pork roll, blueberries, corn and the Stone Pony venue. Lol. I hope to be in a 2A friendly state by 2023-2024. Taxes alone are killing me. The governor is horrible and all the local politicians are corrupt to their core. Sorry to rant. Lol

Bravo!