Sign in to follow this  
RobCo

Electronic permits?

Has anyone heard if there have been problems with the Electronic permits? I ask because a friend of mine who lives in Ewing put in for pistol permits around two weeks after I put in for mine. And he has received notification that his permits were ready. Yet, I haven't heard a thing. He did tell me a gun dealer he knows heard the SP were having issues with the emails going out? Has anyone heard of this?

Is there anyway to check?

It comes down to how fast the PD processes them and how many people are working on them. Plus, the electronic version is new, so the PD has to learn the software too. I was the first one in my town to apply when the FARS system came online, and my PD told me they were learning the system, and it took longer. Then, the permits sat on the Chief's desk for a week, waiting his signature.

I recently put in for more permits and my PD said they were learning the new electronic system now and were really backed up, so it varies from town to town.

• Agree 1