Downtownv

Will You Ever Be Able To Legally Carry A Gun In New Jersey?

Even though we have to wait until June, I think Murph is scared as hell about the NY decision. And how long it will take to apply it to NJ and the other NE states. Looking at the latest slate of bills in the Law and Public Safety they are really incoherent!

13 hours ago, drjjpdc said:

I think Murph is scared as hell about the NY decision

They're not afraid of anything.  They simply won't abide.  Just look at what they're doing re the Republicans at the statehouse and the NJSP/NJNG.

• Agree 1

Precisely.  Republicans can make a little noise but it will go nowhere.  Der Fuhrer Murphy could care less.  If the GOP were willing to fight, they would hold public hearings on all the vaccine deaths and injuries - which is the basis of people not wanting the clot shot vaccine.  Obviously they will not.

Let's assume that the court strikes down the NY law. Are you guys trying to say there won't be any consequences in NY?

And in addition it won't have any kind of positive effect for gun owners in NJ? Both states laws are almost the same. I'll bet the NRA has a case in waiting.

When gun owners gave the GOP a veto proof majority in 1994 and the GOP knew it, they did nothing to undo one single Democratic violation of our rights.  ZERO.  Gun groups got nowhere except to be hand fed bullshit GOP promises.  After the gay marriage case, NJ had the basis of a 2nd A challenge and nothing.  The fact that retired cops as well as other political connected scumbags get rubber stamped CCW permits is a blatant 14th Amendment violation that NJ gun groups similarly refused to use to help NJ gun owners.

NRA is worthless here, as is most leadership.  When independent gun owners had to oppose an NRA backed GOP sponsored legislative proposal to give gun owners 60 days to turn in or sell all their firearms if they were convicted of any crime, and as little as bouncing a $200 check, it was obvious that we have been had for a very long time.

• Agree 1

15 hours ago, drjjpdc said:

Let's assume that the court strikes down the NY law. Are you guys trying to say there won't be any consequences in NY?

And in addition it won't have any kind of positive effect for gun owners in NJ? Both states laws are almost the same. I'll bet the NRA has a case in waiting.

you mean the nra that's bargained our rights away at least since 1934? that nra?

• Agree 1

18 hours ago, drjjpdc said:

NY is quite different than NJ. Depending on where you reside in the state, some counties in NY will grant a full carry permit. A few will only issue with restrictions IE hunting fishing hiking also known as a sportsmans. This is really what the case is about.

My permit allows me to carry in every county except the 5 boros. Westchester Nassau and a few others rarely give out full carry. I can carry in those counties while the residents of those counties are restricted to at best a sportsman's permit which means they must be participating in one of those activities to carry.

It's unequal treatment of the residents of the same state. I believe the SC will rule narrowly and at best my permit will then be valid in the 5 boros which really doesn't matter to me as I never go to them. It will help all the people who have sportsmans permits i hope but it may also cause the more restrictive counties to issue far less permits than they already do. A sort of win the battle but lose the war scenario.

I hope I'm wrong on that.

2 hours ago, Bt Doctur said:

There are many who carry a throwaway piece just in case its needed to save your life.

Can always say you struggled over "his gun" and it accidently went off

OT, but a story worth mentioning.

Bill Jordan told a story where a Border Patrol Agent confronted a smuggler on a small wooden bridge.  The smuggler drew, the Border Patrol Agent responded and won the fight.  The smugglers's gun fell in the creek, canal,, whatever it was.  As it was dusk it was decided to go out in the morning for a thorough investigation.

They dragged the creek or canal with magnets.  Recovered something like 20 guns.

FWIW 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, GRIZ said:

OT, but a story worth mentioning.

Bill Jordan told a story where a Border Patrol Agent confronted a smuggler on a small wooden bridge.  The smuggler drew, the Border Patrol Agent responded and won the fight.  The smugglers's gun fell in the creek, canal,, whatever it was.  As it was dusk it was decided to go out in the morning for a thorough investigation.

They dragged the creek or canal with magnets.  Recovered something like 20 guns.

FWIW 

Police have used throwdowns for decades, and still do.

On 12/29/2021 at 11:05 AM, brucin said:

NY is quite different than NJ. Depending on where you reside in the state, some counties in NY will grant a full carry permit. A few will only issue with restrictions IE hunting fishing hiking also known as a sportsmans. This is really what the case is about.

My permit allows me to carry in every county except the 5 boros. Westchester Nassau and a few others rarely give out full carry. I can carry in those counties while the residents of those counties are restricted to at best a sportsman's permit which means they must be participating in one of those activities to carry.

It's unequal treatment of the residents of the same state. I believe the SC will rule narrowly and at best my permit will then be valid in the 5 boros which really doesn't matter to me as I never go to them. It will help all the people who have sportsmans permits i hope but it may also cause the more restrictive counties to issue far less permits than they already do. A sort of win the battle but lose the war scenario.

I hope I'm wrong on that.

I listened to the SC Justices review, and was surprised that they were surprised how discombobulated the process is for New York, but I highly doubt you’ll see concealed carry granted in the five Boro’s. 

As for New Jersey, nothing will happen in our lifetime. The time was right decades ago. You’ll never see concealed carry here except for the elite. There’s no one leading the charge that the palooka’s in Trenton fear or respect. 

Yes NJ gun owners would not be wrong to suggest that those in charge of supporting their 2A rights have either been weak at best, or just simply corrupt.  It will never happen legislatively and it seems that no one is making the argument which has prevailed in other gun hells like Chicago and Washington DC.

IT may not be common but it happens.  Remember a few years back where NYC cops arrested and handcuffed the suspect behind his back?  2 separate cops frisked him for weapons and put him in the back of a police car.  After that he committed suicide in the back of the squad car by shooting himself in the temple while still handcuffed behind his back and with a mystery gun.

Final determination was that it was suicide, like Epstein.

May not be common, but one Jersey City cop told me he always kept a throwdown in his car just in case.

1 hour ago, WilliamParker said:

IT may not be common but it happens.  Remember a few years back where NYC cops arrested and handcuffed the suspect behind his back?  2 separate cops frisked him for weapons and put him in the back of a police car.  After that he committed suicide in the back of the squad car by shooting himself in the temple while still handcuffed behind his back and with a mystery gun.

Final determination was that it was suicide, like Epstein.

May not be common, but one Jersey City cop told me he always kept a throwdown in his car just in case.

Can you give me details about that guy who was cuffed and committed suicide.

A lot of people say a lot of things.  Debatable if they're true.

okay, show of hands who still has hope that the SCOTUS case will result in NJ getting carry? I personally am holding a sliver of hope as this is a SCOTUS case unlike other potential cases that have come down the pike. SCOTUS cases have a national effect and cannot be ignored by states including NJ. I just don't see how NJ can ignore a landmark SCOTUS decision?  If SCOTUS strikes down "may-issue" schemes NJ would have to abide just like it does with possession of firearms under Heller V DC. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, marlintag said:

okay, show of hands who still has hope that the SCOTUS case will result in NJ getting carry?

You mean like getting National Reciprocity, in2017, when the Republicans held both houses of Congress, and the House passed it, but the Senate wouldn't even bring it up for a vote?

That hope?

hope-is-not-a-strategy.png&f=1&nofb=1

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

18 hours ago, GRIZ said:

18 hours ago, GRIZ said:

You should be able to find it if you try.  It was headline news not debatable.  Why the fuck would I lie just to irritate you.  I have better things to do.

3 minutes ago, WilliamParker said:

You should be able to find it if you try.  It was headline news not debatable.  Why the fuck would I lie just to irritate you.  I have better things to do.

Had some free time, trying to help, is this it?

https://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2012/08/20/159416070/death-of-handcuffed-man-in-police-car-ruled-a-suicide

Yes that sound like it.  Guess it wasn't a lie. 

So multiple cops frisk you, handcuff you behind your back, put you in a sterile patrol car, and then claim you shot yourself with a concealed handgun in your temple while still handcuffed and everyone involved believes the bullshit of a suicide.  The fact that it was rubber stamped just shows that the system is just as corrupt as it ever was.

Many thanks for the help.

47 minutes ago, WilliamParker said:

I asked you s civil question.  You gave me a profane answer.

I never said you lied.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1