Downtownv

Will You Ever Be Able To Legally Carry A Gun In New Jersey?

16 minutes ago, Jfoster99 said:

Wow.. If those restrictions go into effect it is hard to imagine being able actively CCW on a regular basis.

in NYC you would need to walk or own a car.. (Can’t even car pool) to go anyplace.

When you get there you can not be around more then 15 people for almost any practical reason.

All eating and drinking establishment are forbidden so you can only be out in public with your CCW a few hours without needing to go home and eat………….

if they go that strict I would think the courts would eventually straighten them out.. As I mentioned D.C. and Illinois(Chicago) tried to play that game when they had  “Shall Issue” forced on them by them by the courts and got their ass handed to them in very short order… I doubt NY will be able to get away with anything too much more restrictive then they were able to…  

The thing is, this is business as usual for TPTB. They don't care if it gets struck down in a few years. They can change the law way faster than the courts will act. You saw a great demonstration of that when NY mooted the last case that eventually made it to SCOTUS.

Unless, or until the politicians are made personally responsible for their unconstitutional actions the same story will repeat ad infinitum.

• Agree 2

Just realized something:

... 16 (c) Large gatherings, which for the purposes of this section shall

17 mean a gathering together of fifteen or more persons for amusement,

18 athletic, civic, dining, educational, entertainment, patriotic, poli-

19 tical, recreational, religious, social, or similar purposes. ...

Effectively limits shooting range attendance to 14 people or less.

2 hours ago, Jfoster99 said:

Wow.. If those restrictions go into effect it is hard to imagine being able actively CCW on a regular basis.

in NYC you would need to walk or own a car.. (Can’t even car pool) to go anyplace.

When you get there you can not be around more then 15 people for almost any practical reason.

All eating and drinking establishment are forbidden so you can only be out in public with your CCW a few hours without needing to go home and eat………….

if they go that strict I would think the courts would eventually straighten them out.. As I mentioned D.C. and Illinois(Chicago) tried to play that game when they had  “Shall Issue” forced on them by them by the courts and got their ass handed to them in very short order… I doubt NY will be able to get away with anything too much more restrictive then they were able to…  

These restrictions if passed will stop nothing. LOL, have you conceal carried in Florida, I have!  The point here is that those that want the option to conceal carry for self defense in NY/NJ will be going from NOTHING to SOMETHING! This is nothing more than NY "wildly flailing in the dark" so to speak in an attempt to stop the inevitable. Sure, NJ/NY will attempt to restrict where we can carry, but this is a positive sign that "just cause" regimes like NY and NJ may be coming to an end. 3 hours of conceal carry is better than the nothing i have now! Kapeesh!

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, marlintag said:

These restrictions if passed will stop nothing. LOL, have you conceal carried in Florida, I have!  The point here is that those that want the option to conceal carry for self defense in NY/NJ will be going from NOTHING to SOMETHING! This is nothing more than NY "wildly flailing in the dark" so to speak in an attempt to stop the inevitable. Sure, NJ/NY will attempt to restrict where we can carry, but this is a positive sign that "just cause" regimes like NY and NJ may be coming to an end. 3 hours of conceal carry is better than the nothing i have now! Kapeesh!

You might have a good point.. I can’t really see you carrying completely legal with 14 people in a room and then when the 15th person enters you are a Felon…  If  violating these restrictions is a misdemeanor offense at most then most people I know would be comfortable with the Concealed means concealed mentality and just go about their business knowing in the unlikely event concealed mean NOT concealed they will be paying a fine and not going to jail..

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Sniper said:

What's the Cliff Notes, instead of watching the 10 minute video?

Now that Virginia has a new governor they wrote to the supreme court stating that NY's current permit law is unconstitutional. At first they were supporting the state of NY in there fight.  He goes in to detail about the case.  

• Like 1

On 1/17/2022 at 5:56 PM, Jfoster99 said:

So I do think they would try to block as long as they could get away with..

I am just pointing out the D.C and  Illinois had shall issue imposed on them and tried to screw around… Both times the Judges who passed the ruling took it personal and got them straighten out in very short order.. I think the Supreme count will feel the same way if disrespected.

The LEO Carry law was passed by congress so there was no one to Kick NJ’s ass for not complying..

Yes I mentioned this a while ago about how the 7th Circuit got on the District Court, but I got the similar negative response from some members here. Only time will tell.

On 1/21/2022 at 4:20 PM, marlintag said:

I mean the beauty of it is that while SCOTUS is sitting around working on their decision, NY is not leaving how they intend to weasel out of it a secret. A pretense of good faith adherence can only go so far with this as evidence, and hopefully it is taken as the insult it is and influences the form of the final decision. 

8 minutes ago, raz-0 said:

I mean the beauty of it is that while SCOTUS is sitting around working on their decision, NY is not leaving how they intend to weasel out of it a secret. A pretense of good faith adherence can only go so far with this as evidence, and hopefully it is taken as the insult it is and influences the form of the final decision. 

I would love it if SCOTUS sees what NY is trying to do as an insult  to the intent of what the ruling is supposed to achieve in allowing self defense outside the home..   Since they will already know how NY and others may try to circumvent the ruling they may include clarity that requires any restrictions require the highest bar for public interest to justify restrictions… So that only Airports, court houses, etc would meet the criteria.