Jump to content
JohnnyB

PRIMERS

Recommended Posts

 

I am curious how when searching for primers , they seem to be in stock with plenty of stock in Canada, New Zealand and elsewhere with normal pricing and no limits......The only caveat is the will not ship to the USA!  WTF is going on?  Why would primers be basically non-existent  in the USA but all over the place elsewhere!  I'm talking CCI, Winchester, federal, S&B and others made in the USA but somehow only unavailable in the USA!

Any thoughts as to how this could be?

BTW......I have Federal large pistol primers to trade for small pistol if anyone can benefit from a trade! I could also trade 9mm or .40 cal cleaned brass for small primers.:)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Look at the laws in those places, less guns means less need for reloading. They also are not in the middle of mass rioting and a contentious election. As to why they can’t ship to the US, thank the UN arms treaty that all these countries signed onto and I am sure Biden will try and get the US into if he can.

-Jim

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/9/2020 at 10:19 PM, JohnnyB said:

 

I am curious how when searching for primers , they seem to be in stock with plenty of stock in Canada, New Zealand and elsewhere with normal pricing and no limits......The only caveat is the will not ship to the USA!  WTF is going on?  Why would primers be basically non-existent  in the USA but all over the place elsewhere!  I'm talking CCI, Winchester, federal, S&B and others made in the USA but somehow only unavailable in the USA!

Any thoughts as to how this could be?

BTW......I have Federal large pistol primers to trade for small pistol if anyone can benefit from a trade! I could also trade 9mm or .40 cal cleaned brass for small primers.:)

Where are you located? I have to check my stock.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, echo five foxtrot said:

So, I am looking at a box of $40 CCI large rifle primers 1000 ct, #200 on gunbroker. Current bid is $285 with fours days left on the auction. It is crazier than bitcoin. 

Welcome to the asylum.

28c primers are just the beginning.

How would you like to have a dementia patient as President, an anchor baby  mixed race suck-cock-for-promotion ultra liberal for his VP, a total clown circus for the cabinet, and SCOTUS justices too scared of rioting to do their job running the country?

Wait a minute ... OH SHIT!

  • Agree 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, njJoniGuy said:

Welcome to the asylum.

28c primers are just the beginning.

How would you like to have a dementia patient as President, an anchor baby  mixed race suck-cock-for-promotion ultra liberal for his VP, a total clown circus for the cabinet, and SCOTUS justices too scared of rioting to do their job running the country?

Wait a minute ... OH SHIT!

Dont be shy. Tell us how you really feel :Di soo agree though

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You may want to follow this thread: https://www.thehighroad.org/index.php?threads/where-are-reloading-components-available-these-days.707473/page-230

They have daly updates of reloading supplies availability around the web. I managed to score a 1000 box of Federal magnum LRP thanks to the linked discussion.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bumping this thread back. Have people had any luck finding dumps of primers? Powders I've been able to get. Bullets and cases I've managed to catch. Primers are just the one component I can't ever seem to come by.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, echo five foxtrot said:
I saw Midway has 

CCI Large Rifle 7.62mm NATO-Spec Military Primers #34 Box of 1000 (10 Trays of 100)

 

$53.99

 

($0.05 per piece)

 

Available

 

 

Yea, I've been using CCI 400s for 6.5CM and could switch to 450s but I don't have any brass for large rifle primers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

the  dealers on Gunbroker are getting rich on primers and powder.  must have got the word and stocked up plenty

and now selling for triple the previous street price.     BOO to dealers...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/3/2021 at 9:02 PM, 1644 said:

the  dealers on Gunbroker are getting rich on primers and powder.  must have got the word and stocked up plenty

and now selling for triple the previous street price.     BOO to dealers...

Bots. 

They just buy everything when it comes in stock and sell for double. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...