45Doll

Astronomical CZ Pistol Price

I have done business with Omaha Outdoors. Consequently they send me product emails.

Today I received one that included a CZ 75 SP-01 Shadow Custom 18 RD 9mm Dual Tone Pistol for the bargain price of... $1,799! This pistol was available for $1,134 a year ago.

So I went to the CZ website, and they show this pistol with an MSRP of $1,349 which comports with the street price last year. (I'm assuming if they bumped the MSRP in the last 12 months they would show it.)

Then I looked to the OO website to find that they consider the 'list' price of it to be... $2,248.99!

Talk about price gouging! And lying to boot!

Just an FYI. (For Your Irritation)

Uh - not really gouging - it's the going rate for the gun - look at multiple sites.  Look up the SKU Number - 91708.  The MSRP on the CZ Website is for a factory model, not CZ Custom which is a different division.

Though - the MSRP that they have looks fairly inflated vs MSRP on other sites... the going price is what they're going for.

Do we really want to jump in at these prices? Unless u have a permit expiring and it was somewhat reasonable I would wait for the buyers remorse maybe 6 months from now and pick them off.

Just sucks for them new gun owners.

Also with the 9mm going for .60pr it’s getting insane. 

1 hour ago, Krdshrk said:

Uh - not really gouging - it's the going rate for the gun - look at multiple sites.  Look up the SKU Number - 91708.  The MSRP on the CZ Website is for a factory model, not CZ Custom which is a different division.

Though - the MSRP that they have looks fairly inflated vs MSRP on other sites... the going price is what they're going for.

Good catch. Missed the 'custom' part. But interestingly that SKU doesn't show up on a search of either the CZ or CZ Custom websites. Other SKUs do, but not that one.

There's one on Gun Broker for $1,399. At least that seems reasonable given today's market.