Sniper

Got Eggs, Milk and Bread? It's Snowmaggedon!!

Northern Hunterdon County here - flurries started around 1:00 (much earlier than I expected - why did I think this wasn't starting until tonight? :facepalm:). A couple of inches have fallen already, and the plow just passed by for the first sweep.

Hmmm... if it's going to do this into Tuesday morning, it might actually turn out to be Snowmageddon! 

Just now, Mrs. Peel said:

Northern Hunterdon County here - flurries started around 1:00 (much earlier than I expected - why did I think this wasn't starting until tonight? :facepalm:). A couple of inches have fallen already, and the plow just passed by for the first sweep.

Hmmm... if it's going to do this into Tuesday morning, it might actually turn out to be Snowmageddon! 

It’s been flurries here in Burlco since then but real light. Only about half-inch on the ground. 

• Informative 1

2 minutes ago, Mrs. Peel said:

why did I think this wasn't starting until tonight?

Yesterday, the forecast predicted  start time of 1800hrs here.  They were wrong.  It started around 1100.  We got less than 2" so far.  It's been going from fat light clusters to regular snow, no heavy or wet snow.  Falling slow, but steady.

My Gen 4 Ram was a beast in the snow, I'm excited to see how my Gen 5 does. The small storms we had so far I tried to kick out her ass end in just 4 Auto and couldn't, we'll see how she does tomorrow. 

Yesterday I put new tires and wheels on my ride.  Solid 2 inches of lift.  I'm sure it won't even notice the snow. 

Looking at the maps this morning,  my house is sitting under a 42.8.  Lol.  I'll come back to 3 feet of frozen block.  

20210131_085945.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, InFamous said:

My Gen 4 Ram was a beast in the snow, I'm excited to see how my Gen 5 does. The small storms we had so far I tried to kick out her ass end in just 4 Auto and couldn't, we'll see how she does tomorrow. 

you don't have enough power. :)

the roads i needed to use weren't that bad. i live one town east/southeast of tex. my shop's in cherry hill. only thing i really encountered that caused any issues was a few stupid people that had/have no clue how to drive in this stuff.

i expected it to be worse, so had the truck home. if i'd have known this is all it was gonna be, i'd have had the subaru that i just finished at home instead.....

15 hours ago, 1LtCAP said:

i've got el dorado sport something or others on my excursion. thye're pretty aggressive.

I don't want to go too aggressive having put a ton of miles on my former Wrangler with mud terrain tires.  That thing never got stuck in the snow.  These road tires were sketchy going out for coffee this morning.

I saw few people shoveling yesterday afternoon after only an inch or two had fallen.

I was like, "Are they aware that there is going to be A LOT more behind that???"  This was like 5pm yesterday.

Depending on what's its doing later when I'm done with work I may get out there.  If not, see ya' all in the Spring!  :)

7 minutes ago, gleninjersey said:

I saw few people shoveling yesterday afternoon after only an inch or two had fallen.

I was like, "Are they aware that there is going to be A LOT more behind that???"  This was like 5pm yesterday.

Depending on what's its doing later when I'm done with work I may get out there.  If not, see ya' all in the Spring!  :)

I'm going out now to shovel the deck, for the exact reason that more is on the way. 

I'll leave the drive way for last because I have beast of a snowblower, but anything by hand is getting shoveled 3 times today. 

7 minutes ago, CMJeepster said:

I don't want to go too aggressive having put a ton of miles on my former Wrangler with mud terrain tires.  That thing never got stuck in the snow.  These road tires were sketchy going out for coffee this morning.

I can see this conversation when you get pulled over for being out during a "STATE OF EMERGENCY".

Cop: "Sir, there is a State of Emergency as declared by his highness King Murphy.  What are you doing out today?"

You:  "Getting coffee."

Cop: "Sir, there is State off Emergency.  Nobody except essential personal should be out on the roads"

You:  "Well, it's essential I have my damn coffee.  Murphy going to make it for me!?"

Flash to you being arrest surrounded by 15 cop cars.....

3 minutes ago, JackDaWack said:

I'm going out now to shovel the deck, for the exact reason that more is on the way. 

I'll leave the drive way for last because I have beast of a snowblower, but anything by hand is getting shoveled 3 times today. 

I shoveled the walkways and cleaned off the cars.  Tried to get the layer of ice off to make cleaning easier once it switched back. 

1 minute ago, gleninjersey said:

I can see this conversation when you get pulled over for being out during a "STATE OF EMERGENCY".

Cop: "Sir, there is a State of Emergency as declared by his highness King Murphy.  What are you doing out today?"

Cop: "Sir, there is State off Emergency.  Nobody except essential personal should be out on the roads"

You:  "Well, it's essential I have my damn coffee.  Murphy going to make it for me!?"

My locals wouldn't even bother trying to pull me over.  Worst case, I'd tell them that I was going to @Golf battery's place to help plow.

• Agree 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, CMJeepster said:

these aren';t noisy driving. i don't take this truck offroad other than going to the range......got about a half mile of dirt road to get to the shooting area.........they could be considered comparable to the old bf goodrich a/t'a i think

53 minutes ago, gleninjersey said:

yea,.....state of emergency. for what? a fucking foot? we're going down the rabbit hole.

2 minutes ago, 1LtCAP said:

these aren';t noisy driving. i don't take this truck offroad other than going to the range......got about a half mile of dirt road to get to the shooting area.........they could be considered comparable to the old bf goodrich a/t'a i think

I ran those on my '91Wrangler from '97 to '03.  Loved them.

56 minutes ago, 1LtCAP said:

yea,.....state of emergency. for what? a fucking foot? we're going down the rabbit hole.

Liberals.  I'm surprised every day isn't a "state of emergency" for them.  Everything "triggers" them.

Nobody ever got "triggered" back in the 80s & 90s.  I hate that frigging word.

• Agree 1