Sniper

Got Eggs, Milk and Bread? It's Snowmaggedon!!

Raining moderately heavily here in North Middletown along the Bayshore.  I am just east of the rain-snow line. Supposed to get 3-5” of snow between 11:00 am and 4:00pm. Until then, am hoping it continues to rain hard and melt some of the existing snow. 

Update, LOL. I must have jinxed myself. It just started snowing five minutes after my above post.  @#$&*

Here too. I’d say 4” or so, but it’s nasty, slushy messy stuff on the walks. 

I’m going to make the first cleanup pass around the ‘hood shortly. Maybe minimize it turning to a chunk of ice tonight. 

First round done.  3-4 inches near me.  Light & fluffy right now.

Banged it out and helped a few of my neighbors out.

Hopefully not much more to clear later tonight.  Guess I'll work off the beer and chips from watching the game and wont' feel guilty about eating garbage all day!  :)

i just finished clearing my house of smoike....'cause even though half of the communist state of kalifornia burns down when some asshole decides he has to use a smoke grenade to tell the world that he just had a kid.........i apparently can't light my woodstove with all the proper firestarting shit in place.

now i'm gonna go clear the sidewalks

1 hour ago, 1LtCAP said:

i just finished clearing my house of smoike....'cause even though half of the communist state of kalifornia burns down when some asshole decides he has to use a smoke grenade to tell the world that he just had a kid.........i apparently can't light my woodstove with all the proper firestarting shit in place.

now i'm gonna go clear the sidewalks

That down draft can be a bitch. Use a heat gun if ya got one to get a draft going in the correct direction. 

• Informative 1

Got lucky.  It was almost done when I finished up.

Went back out to clean the cars off after taking 30 minute break.  One neighbor usually snowblows a lot of the neighbor's sidewalks,including mine.  He was shoveling.

Asked him what was up.  Said his snow blower broke during last storm.  So I helped him shovel his sidewalk & driveway .

Hopefully we can take a break from snow for a while?  At least we shouldn't have to worry about a drought later this year.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, voyager9 said:

Makes me glad I have a Wood stove.  Get it started, close the door.  Wait.  Maybe open the clean out door briefly.  

this is a wood stove. it's an insert in my fireplace. i'd let it go out 2 days ago.

46 minutes ago, gleninjersey said:

Got lucky.  It was almost done when I finished up.

Went back out to clean the cars off after taking 30 minute break.  One neighbor usually snowblows a lot of the neighbor's sidewalks,including mine.  He was shoveling.

Asked him what was up.  Said his snow blower broke during last storm.  So I helped him shovel his sidewalk & driveway .

Hopefully we can take a break from snow for a while?  At least we shouldn't have to worry about a drought later this year.

thought i'd read on one of my neighboring towns pages that more may be otw on tuesday then on thursday......

1 hour ago, Sniper said:

Makes me glad I have a gas fireplace, flip a switch and sit back and enjoy the heat..

i used to have a gas stove in the same place........i loved it........2 things made me change it....mom's afraid of gas..or so she says......and my little bit of paranoia about gas getting shut off to neighborhoods in times of emergency..........they ain't shuttin my wood stove off.

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, 1LtCAP said:

thought i'd read on one of my neighboring towns pages that more may be otw on tuesday then on thursday......

I'm seeing that too. Starting Wednesday night through Thursday into Friday. Prediction is 6+ inches in my area by the coast.

Then more Saturday through Sunday... it ain't over yet.