Sniper

Got Eggs, Milk and Bread? It's Snowmaggedon!!

We got about 4" in TR  I noticed  the scraper on my snowblower needed adjustment, After fixing it.

I ran the snowblower around my block All four corners. I do that because some clowns don't shovel their sidewalks. 

And its a shit show when I walk my dog . :hi:

1 hour ago, silverado427 said:

The F@#$  ing  plow just went by and covered my sidewalk with a foot and a half of ice chunks.   @#$%^ 

That happened to me while I was out.  Two staggered plows went by and effectively plowed two lanes of gunk at the end of my driveway.  

3 hours ago, Scorpio64 said:

Anything not snow covered has a sheet of ice over it now.

Time to play hockey.

It started here as sleet, then turned to snow for about 2 inches, then back to sleet and rain. Trying to shovel it was just like moving slop or oatmeal.

4 hours ago, voyager9 said:

Maybe 4” but it feels like 2-3 since it turned to sleet.  Broke the ski/plate/shoes(?) on the snowblower. 

I just ordered some new skid shoes for the snowblower  ( Armor skids  )  Heavy dutyThey will be delivered in a few days.

9 hours ago, silverado427 said:

I just ordered some new skid shoes for the snowblower  ( Armor skids  )  Heavy dutyThey will be delivered in a few days.

When I looked closer it appears the previous owner had bolted their own “skis” to the existing shoes. Just thin aluminum runners that tore.  Not sure why he added those. I may be able to lower the existing shoes or just replace with tougher ones. 

30 minutes ago, voyager9 said:

When I looked closer it appears the previous owner had bolted their own “skis” to the existing shoes. Just thin aluminum runners that tore.  Not sure why he added those. I may be able to lower the existing shoes or just replace with tougher ones. 

That's how mine look also. check these bad boys out. This pic is off the net.

unnamed.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, voyager9 said:

Could be the surface he was clearing. Aluminum is super soft. 

So many aftermarket options these days with composites if you need that, the Arians shoes flip over once you wear them out so you get 2x the life. Yet after 4 years of use, they still look barely used. 

55 minutes ago, silverado427 said:

That's how mine look also. check these bad boys out. This pic is off the net.

unnamed.jpg

I've had Armor skids on my blowers since 2014.   I have gravel paths and without them, it becomes a gravel blower.   

55 minutes ago, JackDaWack said:

Could be the surface he was clearing. Aluminum is super soft. 

So many aftermarket options these days with composites if you need that, the Arians shoes flip over once you wear them out so you get 2x the life. Yet after 4 years of use, they still look barely used. 

My problem is not that my skid shoes are worn-out  its hitting the uneven side walk joints.  

Its quite a jolt when you hit one.

15 minutes ago, silverado427 said:

My problem is not that my skid shoes are worn-out  its hitting the uneven side walk joints.  

Its quite a jolt when you hit one.

Yeah stock shoes are really just meant for flat driveways there so short. 

We had about 5 inches total which required us to work for 36 straight hours. Called us back into the yard at 7 PM last night and said stand by we will watch the storm than head out. We headed out at 3 AM. Don't get me wrong I am well compensated but I would have rather spent a few hours in my own bed unpaid rather than sleeping in a salter where I got about 1.5 hours of sleep.

I just ran the snowblower over the drive again to clean up the few inches we got yesterday.  Unfortunately when my wife walked the dog yesterday morning she left the poop bag somewhere and it got covered in snow.   Ran it through the snowblower this morning.   Until today, 'shit hit the fan' had only been an abstract expression.

Not as bad as when I was working on a neighbor's ranch while in high school and the foreman ran a skunk through the hay bailer, but still bad.

• Haha 5

LMFAO!!! 

That reminded me about the guy who’s Roomba ran through a pile of dog poop in this living room, and the aftermath....

https://www.boredpanda.com/robot-vacuum-cleaner-spreads-dog-shit-everywhere/?utm_source=bing&utm_medium=organic&utm_campaign=organic

• Haha 1
  • Crazy 1

7 hours ago, 10X said:

I just ran the snowblower over the drive again to clean up the few inches we got yesterday.  Unfortunately when my wife walked the dog yesterday morning she left the poop bag somewhere and it got covered in snow.   Ran it through the snowblower this morning.   Until today, 'shit hit the fan' had only been an abstract expression.

Not as bad as when I was working on a neighbor's ranch while in high school and the foreman ran a skunk through the hay bailer, but still bad.

fast forward to 1:10

Airplane! (10/10) Movie CLIP - S**t Hits the Fan (1980) HD - YouTube

7 hours ago, Scorpio64 said:

Augered in

i has augered my peeeee38, a spitfire, hurricane, airacobra, and a few others in aces high. :)

45 minutes ago, Scorpio64 said:

If it doesn't snow again for two years, I will buy you a case of beer.

Starting............. NOW!

But remember, there's only 10 years left until climate change dooms us all.

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, 1LtCAP said:

funny thing is they keep saying global warming........and we're probably gonna end up all snowpiercer n shit

We all know it's bullshit!  Mother nature and constant global changes have much more effect on the climate than we puny humans do.  Besides, anything we do in the USA will only be overridden by places like China and India that constantly pollute our atmosphere and will most likely never stop.