Sniper

Got Eggs, Milk and Bread? It's Snowmaggedon!!

11 minutes ago, JohnnyB said:

We all know it's bullshit!  Mother nature and constant global changes have much more effect on the climate than we puny humans do.  Besides, anything we do in the USA will only be overridden by places like China and India that constantly pollute our atmosphere and will most likely never stop.

milankovitch cycles

• Agree 1

Meanwhile in Texas…

Yesterday, down at the Texas/Mexico border, it was 95°.

Up at the northern border near Oklahoma, it was 10°.

An 85° gradient across the state. 

It was 21° here this morning.

5 minutes ago, Displaced Texan said:

We are going from a high of 62 today down to 17 tomorrow night. The ground is so warm, should be tough for the snow to stick.

1 hour ago, Displaced Texan said:

Meanwhile in Texas…

Yesterday, down at the Texas/Mexico border, it was 95°.

Up at the northern border near Oklahoma, it was 10°.

And here in Florida, I just got off the cart after dinner.   Wearing shorts and a Polo shirt.

It's a nice 73 degrees.

I sold the truck, plow and snow blower before I left.   While I was fond of that stuff, I'm really fond of 70s at 7pm on Jan 2.

6 minutes ago, Malsua said:

And here in Florida, I just got off the cart after dinner.   Wearing shorts and a Polo shirt.

It's a nice 73 degrees.

I sold the truck, plow and snow blower before I left.   While I was fond of that stuff, I'm really fond of 70s at 7pm on Jan 2.

I hear ya. Yesterday it was 70° here. Temperature dropped last night. 

While I like snow, I don’t miss it THAT much. 

it's actually starting to stick in the parking lot at work. only something like a half inch so far though. i looked at my camera at home, it's sticking in my driveway, but i can't tell how much. nothing really in the streets outside the shop yet......and the salt trucks have made 2 passes so far.

1 minute ago, 1LtCAP said:

it's actually starting to stick in the parking lot at work. only something like a half inch so far though. i looked at my camera at home, it's sticking in my driveway, but i can't tell how much. nothing really in the streets outside the shop yet......and the salt trucks have made 2 passes so far.

It took a while for it to start sticking on the roads and concrete surfaces here, because the ground was so warm. But finally, it's starting to get some buildup on the roads. I don't see how we're going to get 8-12, my guess might be 4" at best. Suppose to taper off between 3 and 4 PM.

6 minutes ago, Sniper said:

It took a while for it to start sticking on the roads and concrete surfaces here, because the ground was so warm. But finally, it's starting to get some buildup on the roads. I don't see how we're going to get 8-12, my guess might be 4" at best. Suppose to taper off between 3 and 4 PM.

i didn't take any of it seriously. therefor, my snowblower is still buried in my garage. i don't think i'll need it tonight though......

22 minutes ago, 1LtCAP said:

i didn't take any of it seriously. therefor, my snowblower is still buried in my garage. i don't think i'll need it tonight though......

I figured it would be Murphy's Law. If I left the blower buried in the shed, we'd get a foot. If I pulled it out and got it ready, we'd get a dusting.

You can thank me later for the lack of snow this time.. :mutley:

1 hour ago, Sniper said:

I figured it would be Murphy's Law. If I left the blower buried in the shed, we'd get a foot. If I pulled it out and got it ready, we'd get a dusting.

You can thank me later for the lack of snow this time.. :mutley:

ha! thanks, loololol

6 minutes ago, Krdshrk said:

271232222_4736636046393241_3359044560119039992_n.png

welll.....it was a little slippery on the ramp when i took my dog out this morning. i had to actually hold the handrail.....

that qualifies for a state of emergency, right?

States of emergency are bad for the environment.  On my way to HD I spotted about a dozen tandem dump trucks with plows just idling in empty parking lots.   I also saw a salt truck on a perfectly clear rt 36 pelting cars. 

I wonder how much this emergency response is costing us.

2 hours ago, silverado427 said:

Not much snow, But its dam cold.

Yeah, talk about a BIG miss on the forecast. You guys need a job like that, be completely wrong, and still have a job the next day!

We had like maybe 3" on the cars, and 1-2 on the driveway. The grass has between 2-3. I can still see the concrete on my patio in the backyard.

The real issue is that temps are going down into the teens tonight, so anything still on the ground will freeze up. Kids will probably get tomorrow off too...

3 hours ago, Scorpio64 said:

States of emergency are bad for the environment.  On my way to HD I spotted about a dozen tandem dump trucks with plows just idling in empty parking lots.

Should report to state, its there a rule that trucks can't idle more than 3-5 minutes.

i know they work for the state, No rules.