Sniper

Got Eggs, Milk and Bread? It's Snowmaggedon!!

13 minutes ago, Krdshrk said:

Yikes - today's Euro model is a lot worse than yesterday's.  Said we'll have 20" yesterday - now 26".

Here's another look at the Euro.... I really hope this time, they're 100% wrong...

It seems many of these guys are trying to hold off on final predictions until tonight, to get better data:

model.png?itok=yUPRMIeu

....."Rich Bann, a forecaster with NWS in College Park, Maryland, said computer models pointed to heavy snow across New England. He said there's a chance for accumulating snow from the Baltimore–Washington metropolitan area to New York to Boston along the Interstate 95 corridor. 

3 hours ago, Sniper said:

Let's hope this Euro model is wrong (but usually it's pretty close). It has 30" of snow along the coast..

Good. You guys always get off too easy.

We'll be up to our knees in snow sometimes while the coast and south jersey is just getting rain.

• Crazy 1

1 hour ago, Bomber said:

Good. You guys always get off too easy.

We'll be up to knees in snow sometimes while the coast and south jersey is just getting rain.

Ha... when I moved "down by the shore" from up North, I figured the same thing. The first two Winters here, we had three storms over 15"....  so much for that theory...  and, Murphy's Law, my driveway now is much bigger than up North...  :hang:

1 hour ago, JT Custom Guns said:

Not according to that Euro model......................

Or the storms we've had so far this season..

5 minutes ago, Bomber said:

Drifts can be a good thing depending on where it piles up.   

Better than an even layer of heavy wet snow.

I was looking at the temps, it appears it will cold enough for drier snow, that wet stuff sucks. Here's another map, puts us in the 14 inch range... crap...

FKJM-lFXwAg4E-8?format=jpg&name=medium

Guess it’s time to check the snowblower.  I didn’t even bother the last few flurries.  That will guarantee we don’t get squat instead of the 8-10 we are predicted.  
Hopefully it waits until after 6am Saturday to kick in.  I don’t want to get stuck at work. 

Man, I hope they really miss this forecast. Me, @silverado427 and @15636215 will probably get buried... Snow is forecasted to be light and fluffy, which will pile up higher, but hopefully easy to shovel.

I wonder if I can train the dog to shovel snow by tomorrow night....  :scratchhead:  :mutley:

FKJ85DgXoAEvOnq?format=png&name=medium

• Haha 1