Sniper

Got Eggs, Milk and Bread? It's Snowmaggedon!!

I live in north Middletown along the bayshore, about six blocks from the bay. If you live around Neptune or the bayshore in Monmouth County, check out Tri-State Storm Watch on Facebook. He is an excellent local weather forecaster. As of 10:30pm last night he is predicting 12 - 16 inches for Monmouth and Ocean counties.

23 minutes ago, oldguysrule649 said:

I live in north Middletown along the bayshore, about six blocks from the bay. If you live around Neptune or the bayshore in Monmouth County, check out Tri-State Storm Watch on Facebook. He is an excellent local weather forecaster. As of 10:30pm last night he is predicting 12 - 16 inches for Monmouth and Ocean counties.

Really needed to hear that!! LOL.

2 hours ago, 15636215 said:

Really needed to hear that!! LOL.

Guess what... it gets even better for us. Now we have a Blizzard warning to go with the over 12" of snow..

I guess it's go big, or go home...

Got a generator???

Snowstorms make me think of snow days, one of the joys of childhood.  Going to be cold here too, I'm hearing below freezing in Miami!  Break out the national guard.

We had some piece of that thing down here over the past two days.  It was cold and rain with a miserable 50ish degrees.

Good luck.  

We watch WFMZ Allentown for our weather up here. They're usually pretty accurate. As of noon, they're reporting the Euro and GFS models have now converged for snowfall predictions. In Sussex County we're looking at around 4". Along the shore at least a foot. Those totals are up from last night. They do cover northwest NJ and the shore pretty well.

Off-air 69.2 loops a forecast every 15 minutes. When nothing's going on the loop is the same for at least three hours at a time. But in this case the loop will start updating more often as the forecast warrants.

8 minutes ago, 45Doll said:

Along the shore at least a foot.

I'm glad I moved near the beach, where it never snows.....  :hang:

Just came in, snow blower filled with gas, lubricated, air in the tires.... Bring it Mother Nature!!  (although, I could really do without these forced physical exercise programs). Why can't it snow in the Summer, when it's nice and warm.... :scratchhead:

46 minutes ago, Sniper said:

I'm glad I moved near the beach, where it never snows.....  :hang:

Yes that is ironic. But I'll make you feel better.

My driveway is 730', a 50' rise with 12-degree slope on average, a hairpin turn, and a 15' ledge rock wall. And yes, I blow it out myself. For a 4" light snow it'll probably be about 90 minutes. 'Why don't I plow it if it's that long?' you ask. Too much to explain in a post, but because of the land characteristics plowing would leave me with about a 6' wide driveway at the end of any winter with a significant snowfall. Or in the case of a real dump, I'd have to bring in a front-end loader. Blowing the snow out leaves me with a clearer driveway than most of the surrounding roads. And it melts quickly off the blacktop. I'm the best road crew in the county. :victory:

It's our own private Idaho up here. About 30 deer just went racing by on the security cam. Not sure what spooked them. Do foxes take down deer? I know we have several around. Their normal bed down is out on our 'point'.

Back to the forecast. They just updated and it looks like the biggest dump on NJ will be on the coast from about Sandy Hook to Stone Harbor. Still looking at about a foot.

9 minutes ago, 45Doll said:

Yes that is ironic. But I'll make you feel better.

My driveway is 730', a 50' rise with 12-degree slope on average, a hairpin turn, and a 15' ledge rock wall. And yes, I blow it out myself.

9 minutes ago, 45Doll said:

It's our own private Idaho up here. About 30 deer just went racing by on the security cam.

Yeah, but you WANTED to live in the boonies..... so there's that....

I'm 5 minutes from the beach.

• Agree 1

The state of emergency for all of New Jersey goes into effect beginning at 5 p.m. today. Heavy snow is expected through Saturday.

Gov. Phil Murphy declared a state of emergency Friday as a snowstorm is expected to slam parts of New Jersey with blizzard conditions and up to 18 inches of snow along the Jersey Shore and statewide totals ranging from 4 inches to a foot.

The state of emergency goes into effect beginning at 5 p.m. Murphy also said there to be a commercial travel ban put in place beginning at that time.

“This one is a big one,” Murphy said Wednesday at a news conference on the storm. “We’re certainly hoping for the best but we are, without question, preparing for the worst.”

9 hours ago, Sniper said:

Gov. Phil Murphy declared a state of emergency Friday as a snowstorm is expected to slam parts of New Jersey with blizzard conditions and up to 18 inches of snow along the Jersey Shore and statewide totals ranging from 4 inches to a foot.

Nothing tyrants like Murphy love better than declaring states of "emergency". 

They enjoy pushing people around.

I knew this shit would set a precedent and get abused when Christie first started declaring states of emergencies and travel bans for typical winter storms.

1 hour ago, Krdshrk said:

Welp that means no NICS tomorrow.

Just how many guns were you planning on buying tomorrow?

1 hour ago, 45Doll said:

WFMZ update at 4 PM ups shore total to 12"+ and 50 MPH winds. Still 2-4" in Sussex.

Shouldn't that be the other way around. The mountains are suppose to get more... Must be that Global Warming, oops, Climate Change.

1 hour ago, voyager9 said:

Y’all have nothing to worry about.  I got the snowblower running.  Guarantees we won’t get more than 1” instead of the 8-14” forecast.  

Exactly.... that's why I got mine all fired up... we'll get 3 inches now...

24 minutes ago, Bomber said:

when Christie first started declaring states of emergencies

The first SOE that I can recall was 1996.  I believe Whitman was Gov at the time.  It was an legit state of emergency.  Nobody was allowed on the roads, but there were a few 4x4 trucks running around.  Now, anybody and everybody drives wherever during a SOE.

4 minutes ago, Scorpio64 said:

The first SOE that I can recall was 1996.  I believe Whitman was Gov at the time.  It was an legit state of emergency.  Nobody was allowed on the roads, but there were a few 4x4 trucks running around.  Now, anybody and everybody drives wherever during a SOE.

i think he was referencing christie going nuts. a single snowflake seemed to warrant a statewide emergeny, and the brine flowed freely

• Agree 1

6 hours ago, Scorpio64 said:

That was probably the blizzard we had right around New Years 1996 that dumped almost two feet across most of the state. 

Now they declare a state of emergency/travel bans based on forecasts of average winter storms.

5 hours ago, Sniper said:

5 hours ago, 45Doll said:

About 30 deer just went racing by on the security cam. Not sure what spooked them. Do foxes take down deer? I know we have several around. Their normal bed down is out on our 'point'.

Mountain lion.