Sniper

Got Eggs, Milk and Bread? It's Snowmaggedon!!

4 hours ago, Sniper said:

joker%2Bhere%2Bwe%2Bgo%2Bgif.gif&f=1&nof

just looked at the cameras at the shop in cherry hill.....parking lot's covered, but not much depth as yet. here at home, i just shoveled about an inch off of the handicap ramp. nothing sticking in the driveway yet. or on the road i live on .

8 hours ago, voyager9 said:

As will my drive home from “work” at 0600

only ankle deep in my driveway, on the handicap ramp, and in my parking lot.....

my road was plowed, and almost everyone did the right thing parking in their driveway. one didn't. but that doesn't surprise me from them. the road was still almost undriveable, as i skidded through the intersection onto laurel rd. laurel had been plowed, but it was slow going. warwick apeared to have been untouched(i could be wrong) up to lawnside. i could see evidence of at least a single plow pass from lawnside into haddonfield. ironically, the ONLY clear section of road i encountered was the bridge on warwick crossing the freeway. all of the side streets in haddonfield appeared to have been plowed, but were still super slippery. 561 was all slush, kresson was nasty. i'll report more later as i need to go clear my gf's mom's driveway after i've cleared my lot at work.....

8 minutes ago, 1LtCAP said:

. the road was still almost undriveable, as i skidded through the intersection

Odd.  Here at 6 the roads were clear (or at least the 3 miles of them I saw).  Even the developments were almost pristine.  I wanted to find some unplowed roads for the Jeep but there wasn’t anything.  

Have maybe 6” now. 

• Informative 1

22 minutes ago, voyager9 said:

Odd.  Here at 6 the roads were clear (or at least the 3 miles of them I saw).  Even the developments were almost pristine.  I wanted to find some unplowed roads for the Jeep but there wasn’t anything.  

Have maybe 6” now. 

my road is a county road, and the plows had been making sporadic passes since about 11'ish last night. they'd salted my road around 8'ish.......but.....the stop sign i skidded through, i was doing between 10 and 15mph,and it's a slight downhill grade. tap the brake pedal, and abs was kicking me in the foot......went right through it.

5 minutes ago, 1LtCAP said:

my road is a county road, and the plows had been making sporadic passes since about 11'ish last night. they'd salted my road around 8'ish.......but.....the stop sign i skidded through, i was doing between 10 and 15mph,and it's a slight downhill grade. tap the brake pedal, and abs was kicking me in the foot......went right through it.

John - Stay home - fix cars on Monday, OR open the shop on Sunday and rest today.

Say hello to Ma

• Agree 1

It looks like we're round 14" so far. Tough to tell with all the drifting around. Had to shovel a path out to the grass so poochie could take a dump... friggen Primadonna... :mutley:

Wind chills in the single digits.... Feels so wonderful to have snow blown at you at 30+ mph.... :dontknow:

Some of the heavier snow bands stayed just off the coast, otherwise we'd be calling for the dog sleds..

1 hour ago, JT Custom Guns said:

John - Stay home - fix cars on Monday, OR open the shop on Sunday and rest today.

Say hello to Ma

i will. i'm already here. just went up the street to gf's moms house and shoveled her drive. doing the one service on a fleet car that's already here, then gonnd redo gf mom's drive, then heading home to do my drive and the block i live on.....

Just now, Sniper said:

Wind chills in the single digits.... Feels so wonderful to have snow blown at you at 30+ mph.... :dontknow:

Yeah, I was out about a half hour ago to knock down some of the drifts, the wind was whipping snow right in my face with my back to the wind.  I took that as a sign for a hot chocolate break.

The sky seems to be getting brighter.  I heard we are supposed to be done with this by 2ish.

1 minute ago, Scorpio64 said:

The sky seems to be getting brighter.  I heard we are supposed to be done with this by 2ish.

The snow line is out by Phila, so it should slowly fade out. We got lucky, there's still some really heavy bands of snow just off the coast, the 2" - 3" per hour stuff. If that moved 10 - 20 miles West, we'd be screwed...

I remember at least one state of emergency/travel ban for snow in the late 80’s, so they’re far from new.   My site didn’t close, and the local cops sat at the entrance ticketing employees as they showed up for work. 

Eventually, the company agreed to reimburse employees for the tickets. 

6 minutes ago, Displaced Texan said:

Meanwhile, in Georgetown Texas, it’s a lovely 60°….

CE625D93-C410-45FE-99D2-A88F1BA22B73.jpeg

Yeah, But you have issues on the southern border!! we just get the ones that are flown in by brandon!