Sniper

Got Eggs, Milk and Bread? It's Snowmaggedon!!

3 minutes ago, 15636215 said:

Yeah, But you have issues on the southern border!! we just get the ones that are flown in by brandon!

They are flying a lot of them in to y’all, I understand. Maybe you can get them to shovel snow. 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, siderman said:

Down here in FL we just got a emergency alert from the county we may get a freeze tonight. The struggle is real even down here.

Yeah. They're running the Rolex 24 at Daytona now and they're concerned about wind chills below freezing overnight.

28 minutes ago, Sniper said:

I missed the start of it earlier because I was doing something outside... wanna guess what that was?

I'll put one Benjamin Franklin on that bet. LOL

I was updating Mrs. 45Doll's computer and looking out the office window contemplating going out and getting it over and done. And with that a huge blast of wind came through and whipped snow all over the place. So, I'm waiting until tomorrow. Also, the temp up here is still only 16 so I don't even want to think about the wind chill.

At the Rolex I want to see if the Corvettes can get anywhere this year. But I also saw Cadillac is running in the top class, so I'll keep an eye on them too.

I'm still an American Band.

5 minutes ago, voyager9 said:

Streaking?

You were peaking...

Actually, I was clearing the end of my circle, and I look over, and there's some neighborhood high school girl doing Instagram poses in her underwear, in the middle of the unplowed street...

Kids....

• FacePalm 1

44 minutes ago, 45Doll said:

At the Rolex I want to see if the Corvettes can get anywhere this year. But I also saw Cadillac is running in the top class, so I'll keep an eye on them too.

I haven't followed IMSA closely, lean more towards NASCAR, but the Rolex 24 is a special race. Those restarts are nuts. We're actually going to the IMSA weekend at Watkins Glen, camping on the backstretch. Never saw a IMSA race in person. Should be an experience!

17 minutes ago, Sniper said:

I haven't followed IMSA closely, lean more towards NASCAR, but the Rolex 24 is a special race. Those restarts are nuts. We're actually going to the IMSA weekend at Watkins Glen, camping on the backstretch. Never saw a IMSA race in person. Should be an experience!

Boy you did get dumped on. My sympathy.

I think you'll dig that race! I was at Watkins Glen in the early 70's for a Formula1 race when Jackie Stewart was running. Nice track. And seeing that IMSA race in person ought to be a gas.

Our favorite was when the ALMS series started and Pratt-Miller racing was running the Corvettes up at Limerock Park. THAT was a gas. Full access to the pits, walk all around the track to see the race from every angle, and in many locations you're only 30-40 feet from the track surface as the cars go by. Met Pratt's wife at the bar at our hotel and she got us in the pit garage itself for some photos and the pit crew competition. And that year Corvette won the class championship. The big, autographed poster hangs in our garage. Then another year we shared the hotel dining room alone with Ron Fellows and his family at dinner. Totally a coincidence. Turned out he's a big WWII historical buff so he and I traded some movie and book recommendations. Those were a few great summer experiences.

If you ever decide to go to Limerock PM me and I'll give you some inside info on accommodations.

38 minutes ago, Sniper said:

You were peaking...

Actually, I was clearing the end of my circle, and I look over, and there's some neighborhood high school girl doing Instagram poses in her underwear, in the middle of the unplowed street...

Kids....

Pics or it didn't happen.

• Haha 1

i'm in for the night. did gf's mom's driveway again. where i cleared the first time was ok. the back part of the driveway was about half way up my shin. nothing so deep at home. only hadda do 2 besides mine. others that i normally do look like they paid someone to do it. that was ok. gave me some time to play with kylie.

she went nuts in the snow, as usual. she'd run into the deep stuff, then realize that it was cold, and run back out. playing her version of fetch(she won't give the stick back) she actually growled at me. not a bad growl, but a "i'm faster than you" growl. playful. she wore me out. i hurt.

11 minutes ago, brucin said:

Pics or it didn't happen.

Ha... I told wifey it happened, and she didn't believe me... Luckly, I caught it on my security cameras and showed her.... Maybe I'll post the video on Facebook?:crazy:

16 minutes ago, Sniper said:

Ha... I told wifey it happened, and she didn't believe me... Luckly, I caught it on my security cameras and showed her.... Maybe I'll post the video on Facebook?:crazy:

Be sure to check her age before you do!

8 minutes ago, High Exposure said:

Thank Goodness there’s no snow there. Last year you got an inch of snow, your whole state lost power, and everyone went Donner Party.

Right!! 

We don’t have the infrastructure for snow like you guys do! When the first flakes fall, everyone freaks out. 

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, 45Doll said:

Nice track. And seeing that IMSA race in person ought to be a gas.

My first choice was the NASCAR weekend, but all the good campsites were sold out. So, I looked at what other series were going this year, saw IMSA, and there were some good campsites still available. So, what the heck, a new experience. I had to promise wifey we'd also stay at a winery or two, while we were up there, as a trade. :ok:

3 hours ago, 45Doll said:

If you ever decide to go to Limerock

I looked that that too, as another trip, and also VIR, but haven't decided. I'm waiting to hear back from Nashville and Kansas before making a final decision.